RMHC Manitoba supports the health and well-being of children receiving medical care by providing essential services and a home away from home for their families. Our programs include Ronald McDonald House, which provides accommodations for out-of-town families, and Ronald McDonald Family Room, a place of respite for both Winnipeg and rural Manitoba families inside HSC Children’s Hospital.
Ronald McDonald House is currently inviting applications for a part-time Family Services Associate.
Shift times: Saturday and Sunday, 4 p.m. to midnight, bi-weekly.
Flexibility to fill in open shifts, on an as-needed basis, would be an asset.
The part-time Family Services Associate oversees the day-to-day operations of Ronald McDonald House. This individual will be required to provide a compassionate guest experience, at all times, for all families requiring our support.
The successful applicants must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and collaboratively. The Family Services Associate should be adaptable and feel comfortable interacting with families from diverse backgrounds. The part-time positions are involved in House operations and also serves as a resource to families, social workers, hospital staff, and RMHC staff. The candidate must exude a caring, positive attitude and be a team player willing to help wherever needed.
Successful candidates must provide a current and clear (less than 3 months) Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Check with Vulnerable Sector search. We ask that you apply for record checks when applying for the position to streamline the process. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (As per MB Public Health - 2 doses with booster when eligible).
- Assist and support guest families
- Assist with House programming
- Manage House Operations (policies, procedures, facility maintenance assistance)
- Ensure COVID-19 screening and protocols are followed
- Support housekeeping team, as needed, by cleaning of common areas and bedrooms
- Engage and motivate House volunteers
- Participate in the implementation of family-based programs
- Provide House tours to families
Skills and Qualifications:
- Passion for the mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities Manitoba
- Minimum of grade 12 education
- Energetic person with proven skills in customer service and attention to detail
- Strong relationship building skills
- Calm and caring manner through crisis with a desire to serve others
- Computer skills with some proficiency with Microsoft Office software programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to climb stairs
- Experience in the hospitality sector an asset
Starting Hourly Wage: $15.75
To apply, please email your resume with a cover letter by October 17th and provide your personal contact information to:
Patricia Battellino, Family Services Manager, Ronald McDonald House Charities Manitoba 62 Juno Street, Winnipeg, MB R3A 1HA
Thank you for your interest in RMHC Manitoba. All qualified applicants will be considered. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Salary: $15.75 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Every Weekend
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB R3A 1H9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-17