Syntax is a leading Managed Cloud Provider for Mission Critical Enterprise Applications and has been providing comprehensive technology solutions to businesses of all sizes since 1972. Syntax has undisputed strength to implement and manage ERP deployments (Oracle, SAP) in a secure, resilient, private, public, or hybrid cloud. With vital technical and functional consulting services, and World Class Monitoring & Automation, they serve some of North America’s largest corporations across a diverse range of industries. Syntax has offices worldwide, and partners with Oracle, SAP, AWS, Microsoft, IBM, and other global technology leaders.
- Competitive, above-average remuneration
- Global Tourist: With us you can occasionally work from abroad
- Flexible working time models, home office
- Attractive benefits, such as company pension schemes or various health offers
- Open feedback culture, flat hierarchies and a motivated team
- Individual career planning with continuous training and coaching on the job
Do you see a personal challenge in this responsible task? Apply now - and become part of the Syntax team!
AWS Cloud Engineer
- Build, release, and manage the configuration of all cloud deployments.
- Troubleshoot incidents to identify root cause; participate in blameless postmortems and contribute to an aspiring culture of continuous improvement and learning.
- Regularly review existing systems and making recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of quality and design.
- Responsible for technical documentation for areas of oversight including implementations and procedures.
- Provide on-call rotation for production support
- Understand and maintain IT security principles to support compliance or regulatory requirements in supported platforms.
Required Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- Minimum five (5) of years of directly related work experience with responsibility for an multiclient or enterprise environments.
- Experience must include implementing and support cloud solutions on AWS platforms, and possess a solid background in Linux System Administration and SysOps.
- Demonstrated familiarity with firewall, networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks
- Experience installing and configuring application servers (e.g., Tomcat)
- Experience with information systems security principles, practices, and technologies, and using security and monitoring solutions
- Proficiency in script development (e.g., Bash, Python)
- Successful record of managing multiple projects with demonstrated ability to work independently in rapidly-changing environments
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment; highly collaborative team approach to work
- Observability and monitoring knowledge and experience in some tools like Zabbix or DataDog.
Highly Preferred Skills, Abilities & Qualifications:
- Experience with AWS
- Understanding of and experience in organizations using the five pillars of AWS well-architected framework
- Hands-on troubleshooting skills
- Flexibility to meet changing priorities and technologies through continuous learning and improvement
- Strong time management skills and the ability to establish reasonable deadlines for resolution
- Mindset to automate tasks and eliminate toil work
- Demonstrate leadership ability and skills in critical thinking, strategic planning, analysis and systems thinking
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to convey complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand and understand and interpret complex information from others