Child and Youth Care Practitioner
Kinnect Support Services is a social services partner that provides trained staff support to various organizations in need of relief staff. Our team offers superior support to Agencies, Organizations, and Institutions that work with adolescents youth, adults, and seniors who experience behavioral, social, emotional, physical, and psychiatric difficulties.
Areas of Service:
- Responsible for engaging those in the shelter system as well as some day treatment programing.
- Duties will include daily routines, recreation, behavioral management, and presenting life skills education.
- Daily supervision of residents.
- Maintaining routine within the residences and doing household chores including cleaning, general maintenance, and keeping the staff workspace clean.
- Ensuring clients are following prescribed medication routines (i.e. witnessing the client taking their medications, documenting where applicable).
- Complete daily logs, incident reports, medication charts and other legal documents. MUST have a solid command of the English language and the ability to effectively articulate and document is mandatory.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as established by the agency / Ministry.
- Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to attending appointments with clients, completing household chores, adhering to Health and Safety standards.
You must have
- A degree or diploma in child youth worker
- Working with Autism, Mental Health Behavioral, and Developmentally Delayed clients in a Group Home Setting
- A current Police Reference Check or willing to get a Vulnerable sector Criminal reference check
- Must be Vaccinated with 2 Dose
- Up-to-date immunization records.
- A valid Standard First Aid Certificate, with level C CPR
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Well-developed problem-solving skill.
- Positive and sensitive attitude towards children and staff.
- Flexible and energetic approach to work.
- Physically able to participate with children indoors and outdoor recreational setting.
- Must be fully vaccinated dose 1 and 2 Covid Vaccination and follow all provincial protocols.
What we are looking for:
- Adaptable to any setting and community.
- Must be open to working overnights.
- Knowledgeable of shelter standards and community.
- Knowledgeable of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Willingness to work, available for emergency and on-call shifts, especially weekends and overnights.
- Good oral and verbal communication skills – English is essential.
- Deals with others in an effective, compassionate, and supportive manner.
- Respects each resident as an individual and is aware of his/her need for self-respect and privacy, and the right to share in decisions about his/her care.
- Can work in a team environment.
- Demonstrates effective problem-solving skills.
- Positive public relation skills, including the ability to establish and maintain harmonious relations with residents and families.
- Demonstrates ability to organize workload and to respond efficiently and effectively to unexpected workload and situations.
- Demonstrates ability to operate related equipment
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $18.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Child and Youth Workers: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person