MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE
MUST BE LIVING IN CANADA
Tantalum Mining Corporation (TANCO) owned by Sinomine (Hong Kong) Rare Metal Resources Co. Ltd. is a mining and manufacturing company located 60 kilometers Northeast of Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba. Employees reside in Lac du Bonnet, Pinawa and the surrounding area. These areas offer safe, family-orientated living, excellent schools, services, and affordable housing just over an hour’s drive of Winnipeg.
With the operation of our Lithium process, we are looking for a Safety Trainer/Coordinator to join our team to continue to achieve our mission of transforming rare metal resources today, into products that shape our tomorrow.
What do we offer?
· Diverse work activities, with the ability to be part of friendly, successful, and productive team.
· Permanent position and extended mine-life offering job security.
· Excellent remuneration package with bonuses, pension plan and health benefits,
· Responsibilities include communicating with managers to identify training needs and mapping out development plans for teams and individuals.
· Training Coordinators are responsible for managing, designing, developing, coordinating, and conducting all training programs.
· Duties will include safety coordinator responsibilities.
Job Requirements (Principal Responsibilities)
· To assist and ensure all Safety and Health compliance with provincial/federal laws and regulations both underground and surface.
· To actively promote safety and health practices to all onsite via training and communication.
· Evaluates staff training needs and coordinates appropriate training programs.
· Design, develop and maintain training programs (outsourced and/or in-house) to a standard that complies with regulations and site requirements.
· Maintain updated training matrix and assess and identify gaps that need to be addressed.
· Use known education principles and stay up to date on new training methods and techniques.
· Design, prepare and order educational aids and materials.
· Assess instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training on employee skills.
· Gather feedback from trainees after each educational session.
· Partner with internal stakeholders and liaise with experts regarding instructional design.
· Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment.
· Function as a safety resource.
· Ability to review SH&E regulatory requirements and assess their applicability.
· Strong communication skills.
· Ability to convey complex information in an understandable way.
· Extensive knowledge of various teaching methods.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
· Our ideal candidate has experience with various training methods, including on-the-job coaching, mentorship programs and e-learning.
· Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
· Familiar with the instructors, equipment, and educational material requirements
· Learn and maintain competencies in all areas of SH&E compliance (Workplace Safety and Health Act and Regulations, Mines Regulation, Environment Canada’s CEPA, Manitoba Conservation approvals requirements, etc.)
· Collaborate with management, hourly and administrative employees to get endorsement for improved Safety performance.
· Post-secondary education in Safety, Health and Environment or related field.
· Train the Trainer
· Minimum two years safety and health experience in an Industrial, Mining or Chemical Industry.
· Proven work experience as a Training Coordinator, Trainer, or similar role.
· Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation.
· Excellent knowledge and use of Microsoft Office and other training software.
· Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments.
· Great people skills.
· Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
· Strong attention to details and deadlines.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lac Du Bonnet, MB R0E 1A0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person