Structural Engineering Supervisor - ( 220004DU )
At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe. We are a leader in underground hard rock mining engineering and related technology, serving the largest, deepest, and most technically challenging mines in the world. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built.
Our Canadian Mining group has an immediate need for an Structural Engineering Supervisor. This position will be responsible for providing career guidance, technical guidance and applying quality assurance practices to the Structural Engineering activities of the Stantec Mining, Minerals and Metals Business Line (MMMBL).
Your Key Responsibilities
- Promoting a strong safety culture within the engineering group.
- Use of resource management processes, career development, succession planning, coaching, and mentoring across the discipline.
- Supporting Business Development functions through proposal development
- Implementation of training plans
- Assist in the implementation of Mining and Discipline Engineering systems as required by Project Management Framework and additional best practice.
- Assist in implementation of key strategic initiatives that support the MMMBL’s Strategic Vision and Goals.
- Ensure the Structural Engineering Department maintains consistency and efficiency in the execution of work and deliverables produced meet or exceed quality requirements.
- Coaching and mentoring direct reports to ensure a culture of accountability, mutual respect and technical excellence permeates throughout the Engineering Discipline.
- Actively managing performance and conducting specific annual performance reviews of direct reports.
- Supporting the deployment of your team to Projects in collaboration with Project Managers and Engineering Managers.
- Assist with the development of annual plans for the engineering group that identifies specific goals, objectives, initiatives complete with measurable KPIs, in alignment with Corporate and Sector strategic plans, coupled with internally identified gaps or
- weaknesses within the Engineering Discipline.
- Assisting in identifying/defining project scopes, key deliverables and execution planning to identify project specific technical resource needs.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong knowledge, interpretation, and application of the mechanical and standards.
- Strong understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Ability to lead a team through all phases of project document production.
- Demonstrates creativity, foresight and engineering judgment in anticipating and solving problems.
- Thorough understanding of engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others.
- Consulting skills including ability to act as main point of contact to various stakeholders.
- Leading by example, integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Desire to work with and encourage staff.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and a proven ability to write clear, thorough technical reports.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple jobs/projects.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Be a driver of a positive work environment.
- Knowledge of and ability to use standard computer applications including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, and Revit.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in the selected engineering discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in Structural discipline engineering field
- 2 years in a Leadership position
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Sudbury
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-North Bay, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Ontario-Mississauga
Work Locations :
North Bay ON
Organization : BC-1695 Mining-CA Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jun 27, 2023, 8:51:29 AM
Req ID: 220004DU
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans