Job Title: Field Service Technician
- Organize, direct, and manage on-site projects for Client’s customers, at customer facilities worldwide.
- Installation of Client products including Cobalt 60 radioactive sources.
- Execute a broad range of services offered in Client’s portfolio.
- Participate in the assembly and testing of irradiator equipment as required.
- Prepare technical reports on equipment performance and make recommendation for enhancements/corrective actions.
- May be required to train the customer's operators and agents in the service of equipment.
Qualifications: -Education: Minimum 3 year technologist diploma, preferably from an electrical or mechanical discipline.
Experience in one of the following:
- 5+ years in field service or project coordination role with demonstrated success in electrical or mechanically focused projects or
- Completion of an appropriate electrical or mechanical trade apprenticeship with relevant experience or
- A combination of education and experience relevant to the position
Skills and Competencies
- Electrical or mechanical fundamentals.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering schematics.
- Possess good business acumen.
- Comfortable making independent decisions and recommendations to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Good analytical skills, especially to trouble shoot and service technical equipment.
- PLC experience is an asset.
- Overtime (Typically 10 hour days at Customer sites)
- Able to travel internationally (required to travel an average of 175 days per year)
- Shift work requirements (from time to time at Customer sites)
Physical Job Demands
- Good manual dexterity and grip strength.
- Lift at least 25kgs on an occasional basis.
- Sustained physical work in a hot environment (destination dependent).
- May require work in confined places.
- May require working from heights.
- Valid driver’s license.
· Must complete all required training and certification as a Nuclear Energy Worker.
· 30 to 35 an hour
· Travel Bonus
· Over Time While Travelling.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $31.00-$34.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kanata, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person