Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
A dynamic and engaging people leader who puts focus on promoting a sense of welcoming and belonging and nurturing environment to serve the greater organizational goals and needs. Ensuring great learning experiences for Air Canada Airports Customer Experience Specialists while overseeing, leading, and coaching a workforce of learning specialists that foster and nourish skill development and performance. An excellent role model and ambassador for employee excellence, capable of dealing and leading through the most difficult as well as creating the best possible people outcomes and is at ease working with both internal and external contacts at all levels (Legal, Corporate Communications, LR, Union, Government Representatives PR visits etc.).
The Airport ITO training operations is a bustling and energetic team which provides training in 24 different programs that include recurrent skill set training as well as a newly launched formal recurrency for 4169 customer experience specialists as well as initial training graduating 1000 new specialists just this past year. Class schedules may run day and evening and over 7 days a week as needed.
Responsible for leading training operations across Canada, US and Internationally, at 23 specific locations (9 CAD, 12 USA, 2 Int'l)
Team development and support
This position will inspire, motivate, and provide specifically for ITO instructor recruitment and the instructor's learning development.
Coach and encourage and give direction to regional managers at A station Training bases providing programs for the RM development and day to day insight to enhance the employee experience while in training and overall delivery related processes and procedures, ensuring adequate program subject matter experts and ensuring appropriate standards and qualifications are met.
Continuous improvement and quality practices
- This role ensures and directs the overall QA of the delivery the learner engagement experience.
Creates, decides and implements the most effective training plans and processes for delivery system wide.
- The size of the workforce is considerable and this instructor workforce are key brand ambassadors who must nurture and coach future and current employees to next level, therefore his position must define and direct the strategies that support the unique development of this large workforce to attain these goals
- Solution, define and direct development and implementation of any coaching solutions to further support L&D functions for frontline.
- Oversee master certification programs and qualifications and ensure quality and coaching of this sub-set instructor workforce
This position is of strategic importance as the incumbent of this position must be capable and comfortable to work with all levels within the organization and an effective and supportive influencer to effectuate change.
Ensure, and maintain the staffing levels to deliver on long range plans
- Oversee, direct, ensure the instructor selection process
- Such as but not limited to quality audits, peer reviews, inspections etc.
Instructor leadership development/coaching certifications
Program SMEs and succession
Consultation and monitoring such as town halls, feedback sessions,
Process consistency, team communications
Collaborate, participate, and provide direction to planning and scheduling teams to run large scale volume with effective optimization of facilities in support of broader company scheduling needs.
Key contact and liaison for CRE and training facilities management instructor needs for equipment, hardware, maintenance etc.
Responsible for local hiring, terminations related and the management of general staffing performance & supervision of local instructors in YUL and associated administrative duties.
Ensures all aspects of Safety and regulatory requirements for training delivery such as Safety compliance and reporting practices, integrity, and quality of training records, up to date manuals, track instructor qualifications.
Ensures site copies and electronic drives and access for ITO training program materials are maintained and up to date and secured (exams and other training materials)
- Fluently bilingual in French and English
Possess a pertinent university level degree at the MA or MSc level in related field such as in learning & development, organizational development, learning enablement.
- Be familiar and have experience with concepts of organizational development seen through to phases of successful implementation.
- This position should fulfill key succession role(s) in the next 2-5 years so broader operational Airport experience, familiarity with products and service offerings and notion of top tier guest experiences is required.
Other relevant information:
This position is primarily based at Air Canada Headquarters in Montreal (2-3 days per week however 20 % of the work week should be dedicated to travel and business at other stations for which this position has oversight).
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees' unique contributions to our company's success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.