Are you ready to level up your career in game development? We're on the lookout for a developer who knows their way around C# programming and Unity, who is not only keen on game development - but with a real interest in marketing content too! This is a unique role that liaisons between product and marketing, impacting our games through the marketing lens.
If mobile games are your thing, you’ve created your own indie games, and you want to work directly with User Acquisition Managers, Creative teams and Business Intelligence - then buckle up as this role might just be for you!
The Hero Profile
What you’ll be doing (Responsibilities)
- Unleash your creative genius, working with our internal creative content team to craft modified UIs in game that will leave players in awe and coming back for more!
- Get your game on by integrating ads SDKs like a pro, helping us monetize our games to the max and bring in the big bucks.
- Join forces with our data teams to implement event-tracking mechanisms, giving us the lowdown on player behavior and insights that will blow our minds!
- Dive into our roster of legacy games and work your magic, making exciting changes and updates that will breathe new life into them and captivate our players once again.
- Turn detective mode on and crush bugs, conquer bottlenecks, and solve all those tricky technical challenges that come your way.
- Keep your game face on by staying up to date with the latest trends and best practices in C# programming and the Unity Engine.
- If you have some basic Python and server skills up your sleeve, that's a big plus! Show us your superpowers!
Max Level Skills (Requirements)
- Your C# programming skills are off the charts, and you're a Unity Engine ninja!
- You've already left your mark on the gaming world with games you've developed, either on your own or as part of a rockstar team.
- You've got mad skills when it comes to integrating ads SDKs and implementing monetization strategies. Cha-ching!
- You're no stranger to event tracking and data analytics tools for game development. You know the secret language of numbers and how they shape gaming success.
- If you're familiar with basic Python scripting and server work, you're leveling up in our book!
- Your attention to detail is legendary, and you're a pro at delivering high-quality work on time.
- You thrive in a team-oriented environment and have top-notch communication skills.
- Gaming is your passion, and you're always hungry for the latest industry trends. You know what makes players tick! And you’re super keen on learning more about the marketing and user acquisition-end of the business!
What it means to be a part of the Hive.
We are people-first. So we provide our people the best support and strive to make our workplace truly one-of-a-kind. We have an epic team, with pretty cool perks to boot!
- Valued ideas & input: you will be frequently asked to take charge in your projects and you will see your ideas come to life!
- A competitive salary and growth opportunities
- Receive a comprehensive health and dental spend, ready for you on Day 1
- An education spend, ready for you on Day 1. Growth is our value and we want to support that
- A remote-workstation set-up (i.e. don’t worry, your laptop, monitors, mouse, keyboards are covered by us!). Also…
- An extra $400 spend dedicated to improving your home office!
- Work in a fun, trusting, feedback-focused, no-BS environment
- A remote environment that trusts the team and prioritizes engagement and fun! We host virtual events all year-round, as well as in-person events once a quarter
- An office in downtown Toronto — if you’re looking for a change of environment, we also have a private office space in a co-working space in downtown Toronto (stocked with snacks, drinks and Super Smash bros).
*Remote @ Game Hive looks like*
Game Hive is fully remote! The team is excited to announce that we have officially transitioned to a remote-operating team as of 2022. This means we operate day-to-day virtually, using Slack, Zoom and some other key tools as our daily communications platforms.
Our office is still headquartered in downtown Toronto, so all members of the Hivemind are expected to be online during our core hours which are 10AM - 4PM Eastern Standard Time. We kindly ask all candidates applying to be aware and comfortable working within our core hours.
*Join the Hivemind*
Are you one of us?
If you're a game-loving, code-slinging superstar with a passion for creating games for all to enjoy, we want you on our team! Join us in our people-first workplace, where you'll have the chance to create games that will blow players' minds and leave them asking for more. Let's make gaming magic together!
Then submit your resume, as well as any links to your previous works.
Founded in 2009, Game Hive is a leading developer of mobile games for iOS and Android, with more than 110 million total downloads to date.
We are passionate about making fun and rewarding games for everyone to enjoy. Our most popular games include the Tap Titans, Beat the Boss and Antrim Escape series (and many, more!).
Job Type: Full-time