Mayk Ideas is a marketing and growth advisory consultancy, providing firm, brand and talent strategies and execution capabilities that impact revenue, brand visibility and equity, talent perception, M&A, and succession. We serve challenger brands and industries ranging from financial and professional services, technology, and impact sectors.
What you bring
You are a creative writer and communications chameleon able to effectively lead the development of everything from yes-we-just-went-there ad copy to meticulously on-point corporate collateral where no rogue widows are left unchecked. You have demonstrated your ability to focus on managing the development of compelling copy and communications initiatives for a variety of clients and industries, ranging from creative copywriting to content development to corporate communications. Your experience and success in copywriting and communications roles means you are well equipped to oversee all copy and communications work, managing submissions from a team of writers to ensure high standards of creative and editorial excellence are consistently met.
What you’ll do
Create: Conceptualize and create engaging and strategic copy for marketing and communications projects across various channels (e.g., web content, blogs, ads, social media, corporate communications, multi-platform campaigns, brand-building initiatives, etc.). Interpret client objectives and craft communications to advance specific goals, promoting creative excellence in everything you do.
Manage: Lead various communications initiatives, such as: content strategy development, corporate communications work, PR/media outreach, and more. Manage, elevate, and edit all copy deliverables from a team of writers to meet best practices and creative standards, enforcing various styles and brand guidelines. Champion copy integrity and manage quality assurance throughout the creative and development process.
Collaborate: Collaborate effectively with teammates (writers and other creatives, project and account managers, etc.) to deliver a high volume of client deliverables to tight deadlines and standards. Support and coach writers, providing relevant feedback and guidance. The road to shared success combines the energy, ideas, and execution of many – architecting value and building lasting impact through teamwork.
What you’ve got
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to seamlessly navigate a variety of brand styles and voices to create engaging experiences for B2B and B2C audiences.
- Post-secondary education in journalism, communications, media or marketing, or equivalent experience.
- 9+ years copywriting and strategic communications experience, preferably in an agency, marketing, or communications environment.
- Proven experience developing compelling brand content across a range of digital and traditional platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage copy deliverables, making substantive content and copy edits, and working closely with writers to ensure submissions meet creative and brand standards.
- Ability to effectively implement editorial and marketing communications best practices, interpreting internal and client feedback on projects, and managing quality assurance.
- Experience delivering quality client deliverables in a very fast-paced environment and adept at balancing a high volume of tasks and deadlines.
- Proactive self-starter with strong judgment and the ability to confidently navigate challenges and deliver solutions.
- Creativity, impeccable attention to detail, and a smart sense of humour are musts.
Let’s Get this Started!
Please submit a cover letter, copy of your resume and/or a short video pitch. The link to your video (approx. 1-5 min) and your portfolio should be included in your resume or cover letter.
Why are you the right person for the role? This is what we are expecting in your cover letter and/or video:
- Two or three sentence summary about your academic and/or professional background.
- Specific accomplishments from your background that explains how you fit with our candidate description above.
- Tell us about a special project you worked on and what your biggest accomplishment was.
Please remember to submit your resume, link to your portfolio, cover letter/video pitch and include answers to the questions above. There is no word limit for your letter, but we would prefer that you limit your answers to one page.
We look forward to meeting you!
We are dedicated to promoting accessibility and inclusivity in our organization. We comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and strive to create a barrier-free and inclusive environment. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals as we believe in harnessing diverse talents to drive our collective success.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- copywriting and communications: 9 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in St. Jacobs, ON N0B 2N0