Location: Hybrid/Mississauga HQ
Team Rubicon Canada (TRC) is seeking a Manager, Operations Support (Training). The Training Manager will lead the design and delivery of training programs to equip both staff and volunteers with the necessary skills for disaster relief operations, always keeping their needs and the mission at the forefront.
Every day will be a challenge, but every month brings new opportunities for an organization that is quickly becoming a household name in disaster response. This position reports to TRC's Director, Field Ops and Analytics and is based out of our office in Mississauga, but can be done remotely (with periodic travel).
- Attention to Detail
- Client/Customer Focus
- Time Management
- Develop and implement remote and on-site training modules
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and recommend improvements
- Manage and maintain qualification/currency data
- Identify and report risks/gaps in training to the Director, Leadership and Training
- Stay up-to-date with new training methods and technologies
- Manage training budgets and resources
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a training role, preferably continuous
- Strong virtual communication skills
- Experience in disaster relief training is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Teams
- Ability to adapt to new technology
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Certificate in adult education and/or training
- Management experience
- Bilingual (English/French)
- Operation of desktop computer, laptop and peripherals
- Extended periods of sitting, alternating with physical lifting/physical activity
- Military veterans strongly encouraged to apply
- Access to a stable home internet connection for hybrid work environment
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including weekends and evenings
- Occasional travel, including overnight travel across North America
- Must be comfortable working in austere conditions when required
- Mission First, Greyshirt Always: Anyone joining TRC must understand that our mission to provide disaster response comes first.
- Step into the Arena: TRC needs leaders who dare to be great.
- Everyone Has A Role; know It: As teammates, we aspire to work in harmony toward achieving a higher goal than any one of us could accomplish on our own.
- GSD: We are entrepreneurial, resourceful, and determined, no matter how chaotic the situation.
- Change Your Socks: We take care of ourselves and each other so we are best equipped to serve those in greatest need.
- Adults Only: Every team member is an adult until proven otherwise.
- Your Mother's A Donor: Every leader must be committed to fiduciary responsibility, transparency, and financial stewardship.
Perks of the Team:
- Professional development and leadership development opportunities
- Paid time off to volunteer with the charity of your choice
- Generous vacation and sick time
- Generous holiday schedule
Learn more about Team Rubicon:
- Website: Team-Rubicon.ca
- Facebook: Facebook.com/TeamRubiconCAN
- Twitter: @TeamRubiconCAN
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural backgrounds, job experiences, thoughts, and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our fast-growing, high-performing team.