Dairy Queen Newmarket is currently seeking a Part/Full-time team member to join the team. We are looking for someone to start immediately and to work with us steadily each season. Must have flexibility to work evenings or weekends.
This role is responsible for managing various aspects of the store including customer service, kitchen and dining room functions while leading and motivating the team to deliver an excellent experience for customers.
- Have demonstrated excellent previous customer service/retail/food industry experience
- Have previous leadership experience as a store manager, assistant manager, lead hand, shift supervisor, key holder, etc.
- Be passionate about customer service and believe in putting the customer at the forefront
- Thrive in a team-focused environment while also being able to take initiative and work independently
- Be comfortable in a leadership role which could entail giving direction to other Crew Members, providing feedback to both the individual and other managers, and/or training new employees
- Maintain good judgment and decision-making abilities while communicating with customers
- Maintain a clean, safe and positive work environment
- Be skilled at working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining priorities
Previous fast food experience and Safe Food Handling Certificate preferred and considered a strong asset but those with willingness to obtain are also encouraged to apply.
Wages will be determined based on experience and work performance.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Salary: $16.00-$18.00 per hour
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Newmarket, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person