Innovair Industrial is a proudly Canadian, Winnipeg-based independent distributor of compressed gases and medical supplies and equipment. We are a dynamic organization, recognized for our leadership, community involvement and commitment to provide our employees with a great work environment, opportunities for growth and competitive rewards.
Now Hiring a Logistics Manager
- Excellent Salary (commensurate with experience)
- Full Benefits Package
- Growth and Development Opportunities
As the ‘go-to’ person for Logistics and Warehousing, and with support of senior leadership, you are responsible for the day-to-day activities of the Logistics Workgroup, including dispatch, delivery, inventory management (warehousing, receiving, fulfillment), fleet management and dock operations, as well as overall leadership of the Logistics and Warehouse teams. The Manager plans and coordinates work assignments, focuses on team member and departmental performance and fosters a work environment that drives engagement, team cohesion, process improvement and collaboration.
You are someone who is committed to getting the job done, taking care of customers and isn’t afraid of trying new approaches or processes in an effort to make the job easier and more efficient. Even better, you can influence and inspire your team to try those new approaches/processes/technologies with great success and engagement. You have excellent communication skills. You are friendly with customers, vendors, and staff and provide customer service excellence to the best of your ability. You are a recognized hard worker and take pride in presenting yourself in a professional manner to customers and coworkers. You enjoy being responsible for driving results, tracking and reporting metrics, and contributing to the achievement of strategic objectives, in partnership with management and senior leadership.
As the Logistics Manager, you will:
- Oversee the workflow activities of the Logistics and Warehouse teams, ensuring high levels of efficiency, accuracy, and customer service excellence. You will lead the implementation of advanced dispatch, material movement and other customer focused delivery initiatives.
- Oversee, manage and improve internal fleet effectiveness and efficiency. Help establish advanced efficiency tracking systems and lead process improvement with a metrics based approach.
- Lead the Logistics performance management program, including activities such as coaching, mentoring, performance reflection process, progressive discipline and rewards/recognition.
- Oversee the professional development of team members and ensure that all required skills/certifications are current. Ensures the team has the tools and knowledge required to successfully achieve stated performance objectives in compliance with company policies and procedures to ensure standardized workflow, safety, and efficiency.
- Support Supervisory team with the coordination of daily duties and team scheduling, including breaks, holidays and staff shortages.
- A key member of the inventory management team, including defining department strategies for optimized warehouse infrastructure and business systems. Ensures warehouse team members conduct and complete regular inventory reconciliations and collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders to ensure accurate inventory management and implement loss prevention programs for accuracy
- Lead the team in creating processes that establish and optimize the logistics flow (goods incoming and outgoing), the overall distribution cost, and workflow effectiveness to maximize value.
- Design, execute and oversee processes and procedures aimed to prioritize and optimize delivery of products; engages team members to identify and recommend optimal transportation routing and delivery frequency.
- Develop and oversee a risk management plan that incorporates the regulatory and liability issues for the three key areas: logistics, warehouse, and service.
- Develop an annual operational budget and works closely with the GM on financial issues.
- Source, implement and oversee software and technical hardware with a focus on building capacity, efficiency and profitability.
- Maintain accurate compliance records, including Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) and National Safety Code (NSC) documentation and standards and other programs as required.
- Manage the warehouse; ensure it is appropriately stocked and advises stakeholders of any discrepancies; conducts inventory spot checks and reports on product levels.
- Communicate solutions, successes and opportunities to Senior Leadership on a weekly basis.
- Act as lead on assigned projects specific to Logistics activities and contributes to all development work with the department.
- Have a passion for industrial distribution and customer service, and a willingness to share your knowledge and experience with others.
- Have a minimum of 10+ years of direct experience (in logistics, fleet management, or supply chain leadership) and at least 3+ years of management experience (preferably in our industry or another relevant area)
- Hold a relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management or in a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Perform other duties and project work, as required.
At Innovair Group, we recognize the profound impact our people have in fostering a work environment that is inclusive, innovative and ensures a sense of belonging for all. As such, we are intentional and self-reflective about the team we are building by seeking talented individuals who bring both incredible skills and a desire to support the success of others. We strive to create an equitable and accommodative recruitment process. We welcome all applications from individuals who would contribute to further diversification of our company. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please let our recruitment team know.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- logistics: 8 years (required)
Work Location: In person