FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
For more than 40 years, Mormak Equipment has been helping quarry and mine owners meet their targets with the most durable, functional and powerful aggregate equipment in western Canada. Based in our Chilliwack or Vernon BC branch, we are looking to add to our experienced team and would like to hear from qualified Service Technicians interested in helping us build our business further. Applicants should have a strong work ethic, be a self-starter, produce work of a high quality and have great attention to detail.
We are looking for a Full-Time Experienced Heavy Equipment Service Technician.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide expert diagnosis and repair of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems on a range of crushing and screening equipment.
- Teardown, re-assemble, commission/ test and trouble-shoot crushing and screening equipment at customer sites or Mormak’s service facility as required
- Execute timely planned work tasks as directed by immediate Supervisor
- Develop professional working relationships with key Customer personnel
- Certificate of Qualification as a Millwright or Heavy Duty Mechanic (HDM) and/or extensive experience operating or servicing mobile / stationary crushing and screening equipment.
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience as Journey Person, preferably on heavy mobile equipment
- Experience with mobile / stationary crushing and screening equipment
- Stick & wire welding an asset
- Safety conscious and comfortable with working in full PPE where required e.g: steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, ear protection, company coveralls, respirator, face shield, welding helmet, gloves etc.
- Proficiency reading and interpreting mechanical blueprints, hydraulic assembly drawings and electrical wiring
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to be flexible and open to new methods, processes and technologies
- Ability to work independently or within a team under minimal supervision
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and comfortable with IT
- Timely completion of Job Reports, timecards and warranty paperwork
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract
- Willing to work overtime, off-shift and weekends (i.e. respond to after-hour customer calls) if and when required
- Willing and able to travel domestically and/or internationally for extended durations if required (valid passport will be required).
· Physical requirements of this position include the ability to push, pull, drag, and lift items up to 50 pounds. Able to perform the following duties for prolonged periods: Bending, walking, kneeling, climbing equipment and stretching.
- Competitive wages based on experience qualifications & skill.
- Extensive medical & dental benefit plans.
- RRSP matching for all qualifying staff
Mormak Equipment Inc is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00-$45.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
All mandated COVID precautions are being followed
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
- Aggregate Crushing and Screening equipment: 3 years (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
- Millwright or Heavy Duty Mechanic certification (required)
Work Location: On the road