WS Steel, is a Tier 1 OEM fabricator with a compliment of ~200 employees. We manufacture both high volume components and large-scale products/projects across a wide range of industries. We are seeking a full-time Manufacturing Team Leader for the dayshift.
The Team Leader is a front-line manufacturing leadership position. Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Team Leader is primarily responsible to lead, plan, organize, monitor, and control manufacturing processes to ensure that outputs meet production schedules, safety and quality standards; while motivating mentoring and creating a positive work environment for all employees.
Team Leader Duties:
- Leading a manufacturing team emphasizing teamwork, safety, training and discipline.
- Focusing on process improvement, cost reduction and quality improvement
- Working with others to develop standardized work procedures by designing and/or documenting the best work sequence for each process.
- Utilizing lean manufacturing techniques to standardize process/methods, identify waste, methodically eliminate waste and standardize new process/methods.
- Be proactive in predicting abnormalities and finding innovative solutions to correct.
- Daily production performance tracking
- Coordinating communications between shifts.
- Delegating appropriate authority and responsibilities to team members.
- Developing relationships centered on trust, respect, teamwork and leading by example
- Serving other departments and their production needs.
- Continually working on self-improvement
- Post Secondary degree or diploma preferred with 5 years related leadership experience
-Minimum HS diploma or GED or 10 years related leadership experience
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Strong interest in manufacturing processes, continuous improvement and lean methodologies
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Good team player
- Motivated self-starter capable of working independently yet highly collaborative with others
- Previous experience in a lean manufacturing environment
- Experience in any of the following: visual factory, 5S/6S, value stream mapping, kanban, SMED, poke yoke and kaizen
- An interest in steel processing and welding
· Overtime as required
- Required to use PPE
Job Location: Steinbach, Manitoba (Head Office)
Hours per week: 40 hours: Monday to Thursday, 6:00 am – 4:30 pm
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
Work Location: In person