We are looking for a full time Customer Service Representative to join our team in our Hercules SLR branch located in Hamilton, ON. Our ideal candidate will represent Hercules SLR with a strong positive attitude and a drive to succeed; all in an effort to ensure optimal client satisfaction.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salaries plus commissions
- Generous RRSP matching program 5% (after one year)
- Full health and dental benefits (shared costs)
- Great schedule-Monday to Friday 8-5
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities
- Fun & engaging working environment
- Free parking
- Provides excellent customer service and promotes a positive experience to Hercules’ prospective customers and current customers.
- Enters all orders in a timely manner and communicates the information to the respective personnel.
- Maintains an accurate database – update customer information as required.
- Supports ongoing sales support activities, such as quotations, follow-up quotations etc.
- Assists customers with product information and other inquiries.
- Nurtures and closes new opportunities that result in substantial incremental orders.
- Provides price and quotes within customer/branch timelines to customers within the assigned geographic territory by working with the branch to get the most competitive pricing.
- Processes the customer's order by entering it into the sales database for quote processing and delivery schedules.
- Proactively contacts the customer to promote Hercules’ products and services to meet/exceed daily outbound call goals.
- Provide sales support to Territory Sales Manager(s).
- Increases customer account base by compiling a list of prospective customer leads from various sources and makes cold calls.
- Provides management with information regarding sales, marketing techniques, new products, and market strategy by preparing forecast and activity reports on account territory.
- Responsible for the day-to-day interactions and sales functions between customers, Inside and Outside sales members and the product supply functions within Hercules.
- Client service via telephone, in-person and electronic communications.
- Supports Territory Managers with a focus on fulfilling quotations, orders and correspondence.
- Development of industry and product knowledge to enhance client service.
- Increases branch sales and customer base.
Required knowledge and training
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1-2 years of sales experience as well as telephone sales.
- Must hold a valid driver's license
- Exhibits exceptional knowledge of company products and services.
- Demonstrates persuasiveness, tenacity and strong selling skills.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills, including excellent presentation skills.
- Exhibits strong analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Must be organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Exhibits high punctuality
- Energetic and enthusiastic attitude.
- Driven to reach sales goals and learn new skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Hamilton Residence an asset
The Hercules Group of Companies is a privately owned Canadian company, headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia; it is comprised of six distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic, Atlantic Crane and Material Handling —with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications.
As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check; drivers abstract and reference checks as a condition of employment