Who are we?
Hi-Yah! Code Ninjas is the fastest growing kids coding franchise. In our center, kids ages 7-14 learn to code in a fun, non-intimidating way – by playing and building video games they love. Kids have a blast and can’t wait to come back. Parents are thrilled as their children gain confidence and new skills including coding, math, logic, and problem-solving, as they progress from white to black belt.
We are located by the Walmart at 3582 Major Mackenzie Dr W. Unit 208 right above Popeye's Chicken (Yum?) At our location, we focus on ‘edutainment’ with a whole child development approach drawing on 21st century learning objectives. We pride ourselves on being a place where kids feel like they belong and parents are thrilled as their children gain confidence, new STEM skills and new friends.
What are we looking for?
Do you love video games? Code Ninjas is the leader in coding education for kids ages 5-14 across Canada. At our centre in Vaughan, Ontario, kids learn to code in a fun, non-intimidating way at their own pace while building video games.
We are looking for an Assistant Director to join our team of coding/video-game enthusiasts, working toward our common goal of providing a fun and safe learning environment through our programs.
- Assist the Centre Director to oversee daily operations of centre.
- Be an ambassador for the Code Ninjas brand.
- Follow up on leads, schedule centre tours, and help families register.
- Organize and manage digital and event based marketing initiatives.
- Engage with children and families in the centre.
- Ensure that parents understand how their child is learning and progressing.
- Supervise a team of instructors (Code Sensei).
- Ensure the centre is a fun and safe learning environment for our students.
- Uphold corporate standards with respect to center cleanliness & operational standards. Ability to think on the fly and be perceptive to center dynamics.
- MUST have a fun personality and have a passion to teach the kids!
- Preferred work history with children ages 5 and up, and enthusiasm for working with kids. Experience teaching kids and understanding their needs.
- Coding knowledge/experience an asset but not required.
- Knowledge of business operations, sales, and team leadership.
- Familiarity with technology, Microsoft suite, social media, office equipment.
- Experience running social media and event based marketing campaigns.
- Flexible schedule
- Deadline and detail-oriented; We can’t miss dates or overlook customers
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Did we mention fun?
- 12-20 hours a week
- Weekdays 4-8PM / Saturdays 10-3PM / Sundays 11-12PM
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Part-time hours: 10-15 per week
Salary: $18.00-$23.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
All visitors and staff are required to wear masks at this time. We can also provide visors additionally if required. Hand sanitation will continue to be mandated and we have all stations cleaned regularly.
Work Location: In person