Square One is different than other insurance providers. Our mission is to make the home insurance process effortless, whether you are getting a quote or making a claim. We are doing this by eliminating unnecessary complexities built into traditional policies, and by living these values:
- Treat people the right way.
- Take ownership and solve problems.
- Be creative and take calculated risks.
In this position, learning And development will be your primary focus. Your success in this role comes from your passion to teach, educate, and develop others. You have strong social skills and genuinely believe it's fun interacting with coworkers. You also find it rewarding to be a resource helping coworkers succeed in their roles.
Over 80% of your time will be spent developing, designing, and delivering training and education programs that are effective and engaging. You will have an active role ensuring staff receive timely communications around system process and product changes. And you will support agent and adjuster licensing, continuing education tracking.
The remainder of your time will be spent assisting new and existing clients. This helps to ensure you are up to date on our processes, systems and underwriting guidelines. The way you interact with clients can make or break our relationship with them. So, you always aim to represent Square One in a friendly and professional manner. While the focus of this role is on providing quotes and selling policies to new clients, you know it is just as important to provide great service to existing clients.
YOUR COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
You appreciate the fact that Square One personalizes your compensation and benefits in the same way it personalizes policies for its customers. Your very competitive compensation and benefits plan includes:
-A base salary of $60,000-75,000 per year depending on experience.
- 3-weeks, not 2-weeks, of vacation to start and an additional week after only 3 years.
- The ability to work from home.
- Flexible medical, dental, vision and extended health care coverage.
- Short and long-term disability coverage.
- Participation in the corporate profit-sharing plan.
- We go out for dinner regularly, on the company’s dime, to celebrate our successes.
As a training and communication specialist, you will be key resource for onboarding new employees and supporting existing employees. As such you have many responsibilities in this role, including:
- Developing new hire courses for in person and online settings.
- Developing and delivering product, sales, and systems training and communication for in-person and online settings.
- Developing and delivering continuing education course for in-person and online settings.
- Tracking continuing education credits for all employees.
In addition, you will also have the following responsibilities as a licensed insurance agent:
- Handling a high volume of inbound calls from clients in a prompt and professional manner.
- Making outbound calls to clients who have received targeted marketing materials.
- Assessing client needs, providing quotes, and ultimately selling policies.
- Responding to online chat and email inquiries from clients.
- Handling payment-related matters.
- Helping clients make changes to their policies.
- Taking claims reports from clients.
- Maintaining your training and industry knowledge.
You have a desire to direct your own work to achieve the responsibilities of your role. You do this by maintaining your own skills and knowledge to successfully teach and train others.
To be successful at this role, you excel at:
- Communicating in both oral and written formats.
- Developing and delivering training programs that are engaging.
- Using active listening and questioning skills.
- Encouraging personal development and growth through learning.
- Motivating and coaching others to apply what they have learned.
- Following up to ensure others apply what they have learned.
- Providing and receiving constructive feedback.
- Work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Enjoy working with others and has a passion for helping others.
- Delivers excellent client service and possesses strong telephone skills.
- Take constructive approach to selling
- Handle objections and deal with rejection well.
- Pays close attention to detail.
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Your experience and education help ensure your success at Square One. For this role, you have:
-A general insurance agent level 2 license (CAIB) or Chartered Insurance Professional designation (CIP).
Nice to Haves
- A degree, preferably in arts, business, or communications.
- At least 2 years of experience in a training, communication role.
- At least 1 year of tenure with a recent employer.
- At least 2 years of experience selling insurance
WHY WORK FOR SQUARE ONE?
Probably the shortest and simplest answer for why you should work at Square One is that you want to be part of a team where each person's expertise is respected and valued. You're done working at places that tell you what to do, how to do it, and that don't compensate you fairly. To learn more about why you should work for Square One, visit http://www.squareoneinsurance.ca/careers.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you looking for a position where you will work in our downtown Vancouver office at least once a month?
- What is your wage expectation?
- Level 2 General Insurance License (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Vancouver, BC
Application deadline: 2023-04-05
Expected start date: 2023-04-03