Bruno Builders Inc. is a Halifax-based construction company that collaborates with clients and architects to build bold, standout office, retail, and residential spaces in the Halifax Regional Municipality of Nova Scotia.
We are looking to immediately hire an experienced Carpenter Foreman for residential and commercial construction projects. The candidate will be responsible for hands-on carpentry on a variety of construction projects including restaurant fit ups, new build, and even small scale multi-residential buildings. The successful candidate must possess strong general carpentry knowledge and experience. They will need to successfully lead sub-contractors and other construction related personnel in planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the contract documents, schedule, and budget. This individual will work closely with the Site Superintendent and Project Manager and fulfill an integral role on the project.
This is a position with lots of growth potential.
- Wood blocking/backing, completing layout, building window frames, decks, railings, doors, staircases, and framing walls using raw materials or pre-constructed items, wood trim and finishes.
- Installing windows and doors, cabinet, and shelving.
- Measuring, material/quantity take offs.
- Coordinate and cooperate with sub-trades to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- Evaluate quality of workmanship and product installation.
- Ensure high standards of quality are met in each project.
- Assist with general labour duties as required including but not limited to: snow removal or digging when necessary, loading and unloading material, clean-up, and general maintenance.
- Provide feedback on safe work procedures and report any safety concerns.
- Maintain clean and appropriate work site environment.
- Review project plans/specifications and propose project budget for constructibility.
- Propose possible cost savings measures and identify potential construction problems.
- Ensure job site meets all office and equipment requirements.
- Raise and discuss relevant issues at the job site meetings.
- Maintain a safe job site and ensure that the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act are enforced.
- Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control.
We have a culture that is different from all the others, and we take care of our people. Check us out https://www.brunobuilders.ca
Bruno Builders. Let’s Be Friends.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dartmouth, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person