Parkview Services for Seniors is a Not for Profit, Faith Based, campus of care that prides itself in its commitment to provide excellent care to seniors. Parkview Services for Seniors is comprised of Parkview Home, a 128 bed fully Accredited Long-Term Care Home, and Parkview Village, a seniors Independent Living enterprise. Parkview Services for Seniors has operated in the Whitchurch-Stouffville community for more than fifty years.
We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner to join our team.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Administrator and accountable to the Medical Director, the Nurse Practitioner is a primary care provider to residents and works within the legislative scope of practice outlined by the College of Nurses of Ontario
The Nurse Practitioner collaborates with the resident and family/caregiver, and the health care team in the development, implementation and evaluation of the resident’s plan of care; provides leadership and mentorship to staff that enhances their knowledge, assessment skills, and ability to care for residents in place; and leads and collaborates in research, education, and evidence- based practice initiatives to optimize the resident and health system outcomes.
The role of the Nurse Practitioner at Parkview Home
- Provides comprehensive primary care to residents as part of the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Conducts person-centered comprehensive health histories.
- Collaborates with the resident and their family, to develop a person-centered plan of care.
- Engages with the resident in regular dialogue about their care plan.
- Utilizes communication and counselling skills. Engages residents in dialogue to determine what is important to them for health and quality of life.
Provides person-focused health education.
- Participates in care conferences.
- Manages the care of residents by providing pharmacological, complementary and/or counselling interventions, and performs procedures within the NP scope of practice.
- Orders interprets and/or performs appropriate screening and diagnostic investigations, according to legal and professional criteria, and assumes responsibility for follow-up.
- Diagnoses illness, injuries and health-related issues according to legal, professional and institutional criteria.
- Active participant in committees (i.e. PAC, Clinical programs, etc.)
- Identifies, develops and implements practice innovations, in collaboration with the LTCH’s senior leadership team.
- Provides leadership and involves the interdisciplinary team in quality improvement initiatives.
- Participates in identifying, analyzing and interpreting trends in resident care outcomes and professional nursing practice issues to determine priorities for educational programming.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as Registered Nurse in the Extended Class or RN (EC)
- 1-3 years clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner, preferably with the geriatric population
- Experience with Point Click Care
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of an inter-professional team, with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated and comprehensive understanding of ethical decision-making principles, palliative care philosophy, and quality end of life care planning.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of community resources, specifically for older adults and palliative care.
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends if required.
- Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening that is less than six (6) months old at time of hire.
- As a condition of employment, candidates are required to submit documented results of TB testing, as per Public Health requirements.
- As a condition of employment, candidates are required to submit documented proof of up to date vaccinations to protect against infection of COVID-19 or any similar infectious diseases
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $98,000.00-$110,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Stouffville, ON L4A 0G8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Nursing: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person