Euro Tile & Stone provides carefully curated collections of porcelain tile, marble and countertops sourced all over the world coupled with exceptional service, expertise and supply chain to deliver an excellent client experience. We help to transform our client’s space to create the atmosphere, the vibe, the feeling they’re looking for.
For over 30 years, we have been serving homeowners, designers, architects, builders, retailers, contractors and renovators. You will have the opportunity to touch every aspect of the business and truly influence yours and the company’s success.
Between $17.00-$21.00 per hour
Dental care, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Extended health care, Life insurance, Paid time off, Wellness program
Euro Tile & Stone is looking for client focused Showroom Sales Associates. Be a part of our growing team as we continue to develop and expand our home market.
What You’ll Be Doing
· Selling high quality tile to customers, consulting and advising customers of product suggestions
· Provide exceptional service, consultation and customer experience to anyone who enters our store
· Build professional relationships in order to close sales. Understand a sale can often take more than one visit to the store so building relationships, even with retail walk-ins, is very important.
· Balance serving clients in-store and proactively communicating, following up and managing other projects/selections on the go
· Teamwork. That means collaborating with other Showroom Sales Associates and working harmoniously with other business units including Account Managers, merchandising, logistics managers, operations managers, etc.
· Have a great understanding of our vast product types and collections including continually and proactively familiarizing yourself with new products, their merchandize and how to sell them, finding creative ways to use our collections and staying up to date with design trends; this is in addition to the training we provide
· Ensure project requirements are met, including timelines, inventory levels, processing orders/payment and communicating with all parties involved
· Participate in events after hours that we will host or attend (not mandatory but strongly encouraged in order to build deeper relationships)
What You Bring to the Role
· Previous design/building industry or retail sales experience
· An understanding that the client is central to everything we do
· Ability to communicate effectively in person, over the phone and by email
· Mature, positive, friendly, courteous attitude
· Detail oriented
Nice to haves
· Design or decorating post-secondary education is nice to have but not necessary. Some of our best people have come to us without industry experience
· Other languages. We’re an international company. Tell us about any other languages you speak
· Able to use technology (Microsoft Office, iPad). We’ll train you on our systems in your first week.
At Euro Tile and Stone our four guiding principles are to treat clients like family, only sell high quality products we believe in, invest to have plenty on hand inventory, and hire people who share our passion and values. We are dedicated to continuing to offer outstanding service and care to each and every one of our clients. With over 30 years in the business, we have an unwavering focus on building relationships and our clients appreciate that.
· We have a strong commitment to our employees just as we do our clients because we recognize that our people are fundamental to the success and growth of our business
· You’ll get the freedom to express your talents in your unique way
· You’ll receive a competitive salary, bonus and benefits plan
· You’ll get to have a high impact on shaping the business
· You have a high potential for growth and career development
· Our company culture is pretty cool. We have an international and design flair, with a fun, collaborative, caring culture and outstanding people. We’re also business focused and get stuff done
· We’re diverse in terms of culture, but also in embracing diverse opinions and schools of thought
· We offer continuous product training and enjoy sharing our knowledge with our team members
· We give back to our community in many ways and we love to have our employees participate in our charitable events
· We refined the experience of shopping at a retail flooring store and will keep improving
· You’ll have amazing hours for a “retail” position
· We genuinely accept feedback and adjust based on it
If you want to work with us but think your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please still apply. Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Euro Tile & Stone welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities and recognizes the importance of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process. If you require an accommodation, please let us know in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We appreciate all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $17.00-$21.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
We are committed to staying up to date with government regulations and recommendations to meet and exceed the health and safety expectations of our colleagues.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Please tell us about any relevant interior design experience you may have?
- Do you speak any other languages?
- Have you ever been charged or convicted of a criminal offence for which you have not received a pardon?
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- English (required)
- French (preferred)
Work Location: In person