Job Description – Carpentry Foreman
Northern Industrial Construction is currently seeking a commercial and residential carpentry foremen for work in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut. We have on going projects in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut with future project scheduled. This individual will have well-rounded skill sets to join our growing team. Our crews typically work a 4 on/2 off rotation working 60 hrs per week with an option for increased hours if desired.
Reporting to the site superintendent, carpentry foremen will take a leadership role for their crew working on all aspects of constructing residential, commercial, and institutional structures. Northern Industrial Construction has projects in many remote NWT and Nunavut communities for 2022 with work booked into 2023. Our teams have a sense of adventure as well as a desire to see and explore Canada’s incredible Arctic.
- Interpret drawings and specifications
- Lead carpentry crews and manage productivity
- Prepare layouts and build foundations
- Construct bearing pads and assemble triodetic multipoint foundations
- Construct floor beams & subflooring, erect walls and & roof systems
- Install drywall, insulation, partitions, ceilings & exterior cladding
- Fit windows, doors, stairs, and install hardware
- Install flooring, moulding, and other finishes
- Installing/finishing permanent modular structures
- Retrofit/remediation work
- Maintaining a clean and organized construction site
- Be willing and able to train workers and take on apprentices
- Demonstrate professionalism and a strong work ethic to local workers from each community
- Minimum 5 years of rough and finish carpentry experience
- Journeyperson Carpenter
- $75/day Live Out Allowance
- All transportation and accommodation covered
- Opportunity for advancement for foreman
- Benefit package offered after 3 Months.
Northern Industrial Construction:
Northern Industrial Construction is a self-perform, multi-disciplined General Contractor specializing in remote and logistically challenging projects across the Canadian Arctic. Based in Yellowknife NT, we deliver mechanical, structural, civil, and building construction solutions to a wide variety of industrial, municipal, institutional, and residential market sectors. NIC specialize in the specific challenges associated with winter-road, fly-only accessibility, and marine-only delivery methods.
Northern Industrial Construction’s team excels at master planning, effective logistics, and delivering maximum efficiency when faced with a time of the essence construction window and our diversity sets us apart from the rest. We have an unsurpassed reputation for delivering efficient, cost-effective, and value-analyzed construction projects and understand that each and every industry has unique and specific needs beyond the ordinary.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45.00-$50.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
Supplemental pay types:
- Secondary School (preferred)
- carpentry: 3 years (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: On the road