Jr. Electrical Project Manager
- 100% Employer Paid Medical and Dental Benefits
- Employer RRSP Matching Program
- Annual Health/Wellness Spending Accounts
- Professional Growth & Development
What You’ll Do – The Role (Responsibilities)
· Execute, manage, track, and coordinate all activities of the project through technical review, submittals (drawings & manuals), order release, procurement, as built drawings, delivery schedules, invoicing, and commissioning.
· Review customer technical specifications and drawings.
· Establishing scope definition and scope of work for projects or proposals including execution planning also establish project schedule and determine milestone dates Track, prioritize, and resolve project issues and make decisions on projects’ technical issues.
· Manage and control the cost of the projects through execution process in relation to the initial sourcing contract. Execute project on or under budget always trying to preserve Gross Margin. Prepare final cost analysis for projects after completion.
· Monitor the project costing and report of any deviation from project quotation.
· Act as primary customer liaison for site meetings, issues, support, etc.
· Manage internal and external relationships associated with projects.
· Oversee accurate and timely ‘submittal/approval’ packages for customers’ and consulting engineers’ review.
· Review returned submittal drawings to ensure ‘comments’ and ‘change items’ are addressed, and that proper equipment is released into production. Work with consulting engineers as required, managing any changes to the projects’ scope resulting in contract changes.
· Execute change, re-quote orders and update related documents for Sales Team direction.
· Ensure that all project files are complete with all drawings, warranties, purchase orders, vendor quotations and other relevant information pertaining to the project.
· Execute preparation of required drawings, BOM’s, schematics and method of operations for any projects needing manufacturing or modifications by TPL staff.
· Manage all technical communications with the customers, supply base, and internally for each project.
· Other tasks and responsibilities as may be required from time to time consistent with this position and the job description and duties set out herein.
What You Need (Requirement)
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office modules, Microsoft Project, and database.
· Superior oral and written communication skills are required for managing communications with regulatory officials, clients, suppliers, subcontractors, and internal staff.
· Strong technical background (Electrical installations and equipment, power, lighting, control systems, industrial network, and electrical generation) with solid understanding of matrix and cross-functional responsibilities.
· Good familiarity with Canadian codes and national standards, particularly with CSA standards.
· A self-starter and a team player who will work both in a team environment and independently.
· Familiarity with AutoCAD is an asset.
· Familiarity with engine configurations, alternators, and electromechanical equipment (generators) is required.
· Participate in company-sponsored training programs as provided.
· In the case of a power outage or declared State of Emergency by any level of Government, be available for work.
· Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computers and peripherals.
· Overtime as required.
· Some travel may be required.
· Lifting or moving up to 10lbs may be required.
SOUNDS LIKE YOU?? APPLY NOW
A little bit about Us…
Proudly Canadian and respected throughout the industry, we have built our success through expertise, integrity, and innovation in providing on-site power generating solutions nationwide. For more than 60 years, our unparalleled reputation for delivering the right generator solution and superior customer service has been built by our loyal Customers. Visit us at www.totalpower.cato learn more about us.
Our growth: As Canada's 1st Choice for PowerGen, we’ve been growing quickly and aim to keep doing so – if you want to be part of our success story, join our family, and grow with us!
Our culture: Our employees are our biggest asset; their engagement and passion are the key to our success. We EMPOWER them to be ENGAGED!
“Thank you for making this company a very warming and welcoming place to work and do business in.” – Service Manager
Selected candidates with disabilities who require support in the selection process will be accommodated to the best of our ability. Please let us know how we can help.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Agencies please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Do you have a good familiarity with Canadian codes and national standards, particularly with CSA standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office,Microsoft Project,& database: 2 years (required)
- Strong technical background with an Electrical knowledge: 2 years (required)
- Excellent Customer Service: 2 years (preferred)
- Drivers License in good standing (required)
Work Location: In person