At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Canada Winnipeg is seeking Operations Procurement Agent (Associate or Mid-Career), reporting to the Supply Chain Operations Manager, working out of the Winnipeg, MB office. The Operations Procurement Agent (Associate or Mid-Career) will join the Supplier Chain Department, become part of a dynamic team and will be working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate supplier performance expectations and utilize systems and metrics to evaluate and monitor demand schedules and supplier quality and delivery performance.
- Analyze and track supplier Key Performance Indicators to provide input on risks.
- Develop strong relationships with suppliers, customers, internal stakeholders, and peers, including the ability to gain rapport and engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage supplier readiness for entry into service and published production rates.
- Initiate and execute supplier recovery and improvement activities.
- Integrate with production, quality, engineering, in-service, and other key stakeholders to resolve issues impacting production or fleet.
- Work with suppliers to ensure issues are identified and resolved to closure in a timely manner.
- Work directly with supplier and operations to resolve emergent issues.
- Maintain Boeing and supplier metrics collaboratively and ensure jointly reviewed.
- Coordinates and documents internal and external customer requirements. Identifies sources of supply/demand variation.
- Monitors schedules and adjusts inventory balances. Identifies problems and maintains priorities for work in process.
- Participates and lead supplier performance reviews and cross functional improvement teams.
- The candidate should demonstrate strong business acumen, written and verbal communication skills as well as adept problem-solving ability.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
- 3+ years of experience in Supply Chain or a Manufacturing environment
- Must have experience working within MS Office based applications (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, MS Project)
- Post-Secondary education
- Individual must not pose a risk for safeguarding of controlled goods
- Must be eligible to handle US export-controlled data
Preferred Qualifications (Education/Experience):
- 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain or a Manufacturing environment
- Experience in Supplier Performance Management
- Inventory Management experience
- Experience working with SAP or other MPR system
- Experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment is highly desired
- Ability to be self-directed in work and/or previous experience in a self-directed role
Typical Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 3 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+1 years' related work experience, 7 years' related work experience, etc.).
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years' related work experience, 10 years' related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in Canada. The employer is Boeing Canada. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada. Benefits and pay are determined by Canada and are not on Boeing US-based payroll. This is not an expatriate assignment.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. We are proud members of the Valuable 500 and welcome applications from candidates with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process. Accommodations may include but are not limited to: conducting interviews in accessible locations that accommodate mobility needs, encouraging candidates to bring and use any existing assistive technology such as screen readers and offering flexible interview formats such as virtual or phone interviews.