New Era International Education is currently looking for a professional individual or new graduate with exceptional writing and communication skills to be our new copywriter and copyeditor. The ideal candidate should have strong attention to detail, excellent English writing ability, and good time management skills. Working hours are 10:00 am to 5:30 pm. Working on-site in our office location in Richmond, BC, is required, this is not a remote job.
We are one of the finest providers of overseas educational and immigration counseling services in Richmond, BC. We provide services for international students in both the local market and East Asia. We are looking for responsible, detail-oriented individuals to join our growing team. This position is the perfect entry level opportunity for new graduates.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Edit client and company documents and files for proper grammar, syntax, and spelling, as well as follow style guidelines according to the client’s needs
· Create written copy for clients in a timely manner
· Assist and communicate with other departments in the office with various editing and copywriting work
· Perform other duties as required
· Be familiar with the college/University application process and system, and be able to apply different institutions.
Requirements and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
· Excellent English reading and writing ability required
· Fluency in Mandarin preferred but not required
· Ability to read and write Chinese preferred but not required
· Previous editing and proofreading experience are an asset but not required (we will train)
· Strong communication skills and ability to work well with others in a team setting
· Good time management skills, strong attention to detail, and good problem-solving abilities needed to excel in this role
If you’re selected for an interview, here’s what to expect during the interview process:
· Short writing assessment to evaluate writing ability
· Initial interview with the senior editor via Zoom (Optional)
· Final interview with the CEO
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please apply with your resume and an academic writing sample all in one single file. Thanks!
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $36,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
Work Location: In person