Elevate Your Career as a Senior Tax Accountant at Millards Brantford
Are you an experienced and ambitious Senior Tax Accountant with a passion for tax accounting and management? Millards is actively seeking a Senior Tax Accountant with a minimum of five (5) years of progressive tax experience to lead and inspire our esteemed team. With a solid foundation in tax accounting, you'll be a vital asset in delivering top-notch consulting and compliance services to a diverse portfolio of private and public organizations and individuals. As a Senior Tax Accountant at Millards, you'll lead client engagements for domestic tax-related activities, collaborate closely with our Partners and Staff on tax planning initiatives, conduct in-depth research on complex tax issues, and provide essential support to other team members and Partners when required.
Why Millards? Your Path to Excellence Starts Here
At Millards, we offer more than just a job; we provide a platform for growth, respect, and work-life balance. In addition to a competitive compensation package, comprehensive benefits, and an RRSP plan, Millards offers you an unparalleled opportunity to leave your mark in the accounting industry. We take immense pride in our solid reputation within the community and beyond.
At Millards, we believe in:
Teamwork: We foster a collaborative environment to achieve outstanding results.
- Professional Development: We are committed to supporting your ongoing growth and learning.
- Client Service: We are dedicated to delivering efficient, professional, and exceptional service.
Our longstanding tradition of nurturing talent is evident in the fact that many of our CPAs and Partners started as students with us. This speaks volumes about the loyalty we inspire in our employees and vice versa.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
As a Senior Tax Accountant at Millards, your responsibilities will include:
Devising and implementing tax minimization and estate planning strategies.
- Leading the development and execution of strategies for clients to optimize business tax opportunities.
- Identifying and documenting tax filing positions, conducting risk analysis.
- Overseeing the review of personal, corporate, and trust income tax returns, as well as other tax information forms.
- Preparing memoranda, client letters, and reports to address complex tax issues.
- Spearheading interactions with tax authorities during tax audits and appeals.
- Assessing the impact of new legislation and promptly informing the firm and clients.
- Providing guidance, training, and mentorship to tax department staff.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
To excel in this role, you should possess:
A minimum of five (5) years of tax experience, with a strong background in tax management.
- A CPA designation.
- Completion of the In-depth Tax Course.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in Canadian tax compliance, planning, and management.
- Proficiency in income tax accounting.
- Understanding of the Canada/US tax treaty.
- Proven experience in liaising with Canadian tax authorities.
- Exceptional project management and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Outstanding client service and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple responsibilities, and meet tight deadlines.
Working Conditions and Benefits
At Millards, we take care of our team members with:
Competitive Group Benefits & RRSP Package.
- Flexible Work Schedule.
- A mix of office and work-from-home opportunities.
- Reimbursement for personal health & wellness initiatives.
- A dynamic Staff Social Committee.
- A collaborative and supportive team environment.
Millards has been providing exceptional accounting services since its founding in Brantford, Ontario in 1920. With nearly 120 dedicated experts, including Partners, Associates, Senior Accountants, and support staff, we are proud of our century-long legacy.
Millards is a highly respected public accounting firm with four locations across Southern Ontario. Our locations operate independently but frequently collaborate to provide a comprehensive range of skills and capabilities to our clients.
As a full-service accounting firm, we cater to a diverse client base, including individuals, estates, private and professional corporations, and agricultural businesses across urban and rural landscapes. At Millards, we're known for our friendly, knowledgeable, and reliable service, delivering expertise honed through decades of experience.
How to Apply
We welcome all interested candidates to apply for this Senior Tax Manager position. We appreciate the effort of all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. By applying, you confirm your eligibility to work in Canada.
At Millards, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We will remove barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process, with accommodations available upon request for candidates participating in all aspects of the selection process. Join us in making a meaningful impact on the world of accounting at Millards. Your journey towards professional excellence begins here!