Saskatchewan Blue Cross®, one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers, is currently recruiting for a full-time permanent Functional Coordinator in the Life & Disability Services Department. This position offers the flexibility to work in office or participate in hybrid options based out of our Saskatoon or Regina office.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Functional Specialist, the Functional Coordinator is responsible for developing, refining, and executing operational reporting, including tracking key claims facts, figures, and team performance. This position will also lend administrative assistance to key risk management activities for the department, including collecting and compiling information, preparing correspondence, and updating records related to file requests, file investigations, subrogation matters, and litigation.
WHY CHOOSE SASKATCHEWAN BLUE CROSS?
We’re driven by a mission to empower communities on their journey to whole health and wellness, and have a lot of exciting things ahead of us. We’re improving our members’ experiences through investment in our people, technology, services, and products. When you join our team, you’re joining an organization where employees are valued, recognized for their contributions, and empowered to make us stronger. The wellbeing of our employees, our members, our partners, and our communities is at the heart of our operations.
Our industry is evolving fast, and so are we! We’re looking for people who:
- Share our values
- Believe that creating great experiences is totally within their control
- Collaborate and always set others up for success
- Build positive relationships and an understanding of what people’s needs are
- See solutions and possibilities (not problems!)
- Are simply outstanding at what they do
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, run, and compile periodic life and disability claims reporting and ad hoc reports to support internal requests from other business areas and external requests from clients and brokers
- Review, investigate, and correct data integrity and discrepancy reporting
- Assist departmental leadership with capturing key performance indicator outcomes and identifying trends on team or individual performance
- Assist departmental leadership with collecting and compiling information related to file requests, file investigations, subrogation matters, litigation, and more
- Assist departmental leadership with preparing correspondence related to file requests, file investigations, subrogation matters, litigation, and more
- Assist departmental leadership with updating responses and submitting information related to requests or assessments on privacy, risk, and security
- Support the creation of correspondence templates
- Perform other administrative or clerical duties as requested by supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Completion of a diploma or certificate program in a relevant field, and a minimum of 3 years of related experience, preferably in the health sector, group insurance industry and/or disability case management. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered
- Knowledge of disability practices, applicable laws, and regulations is considered an asset
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft 365 with the ability to understand and learn new systems
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities
- Proven organizational skills, with ability to handle shifting priorities and meet deadlines
- A strong commitment to customer service, quality, and continuous improvement
- Strong adherence to privacy and confidentiality standards and practices
- Legally entitled to work in Canada on an unrestricted basis
- Criminal Record and background check satisfactory to Saskatchewan Blue Cross