Build your career with integrity by working at a company that doesn't just treat you like a number. You'll get the tools to do things right in a clean and safe work environment and the trust to fix any issue that comes your way. Our on-the-job training and team of experts mean you'll be set up for success.
Take charge of our day-to-day operations, so we remain the trusted source for aviation repair and maintenance. Work with your team to implement the right processes and practices across our organization to help ensure flight and product efficiency.
As a Production Manager, reporting directly to the Vice President, Engineering, you will manage and coordinates broad range of repair, overhaul and remanufacturing and testing activities at our GE test site in compliance with required output and quality standards. You will provide leadership and planning on day-to-day production objectives, scheduling, material usage, budgets, human and equipment resources.
What You'll do:
What Skills you will use:
- Plan day-to-day operation oversight, assign manpower, authorize overtime and control labor cost
- Provide clear direction and expectations to staff based on requests from customer, General Electric
- Forecast annual operation plan and manage site expenses to plan for StandardAero
- Builds and develop team approach to problem solving and support continuous improvement concepts working with General Electric
- Ensure decisions made are in compliance with StandardAero company Mission, Vision & Values
- Establish and implement policies and procedures needed to achieve the business unit's strategic operating goals
- Actively work with the Central Engineering business unit to assist with the development and realization of strategic plans, budgets, goals and outcomes
- Work with Central Finance to document labor records and site expenses for customer billing
- Perform administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the cell, including the selecting of employees, pay administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling and motivation, organization goals and objectives, and resource planning
Relocation Provided: No
Benefits that make life better:
- College diploma in engineering, business administration or related discipline (CIM, CPIM, APICS), or equivalent
- Aerospace Test cell operational experience
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, collaborative leadership, interpersonal, decision making, collaborative communication style
- 1 to 3 years manager experience
- Strong sense of urgency
- Proven team player
- Problem-solving skills
- Experience with customer relations
- Ability to understand processes
- Foster continual improvement environment
- Systems knowledge of manuals
- Strong project management skills
- Working knowledge of PC's in the current company operating system environment
- Working knowledge of company instructions, company processes, administrative policies and procedures, and export compliance regulations
- Experienced in utilizing SMS tools
- Proven track record working in high demand and high pressure areas
- Comprehensive Healthcare Insurance
- 100% Company Match Pension plan up to 5%
- Paid Time Off starting on day one
- Learning & Training Opportunities
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
When you work at StandardAero, you're not just an employee, you're part of a vibrant company of like-minded people, all working collaboratively towards the same goals. We succeed as a team because we value the unique contributions and perspectives of all of our people, fostering a culture of collaboration and excellence. It's a culture that promotes mutual respect and effective communications to create an environment of stability, shaping the organization and forging a successful future. Our goal is to be the best place to work, giving each and every employee the opportunity to reach their maximum potential through continuous learning and advancement opportunities, allowing all team members to exceed their potential and empower everyone's success.
StandardAero is one of the world's largest independent providers of services, including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. The company is a global enterprise that employs nearly 7,000 employees worldwide with annual revenues exceeding $4 billion. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components and energy markets. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
StandardAero is owned by Carlyle, a global investment firm with deep industry expertise that deploys private capital across four business segments: Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global Credit and Investment Solutions.
Raising the Standard of Excellence since 1911
With over a century of proven excellence, StandardAero has become an industry leader in MRO services and customized solutions in the aerospace field. Our shared values and learning-based culture inspire our team to exceed their potential and power our customers' missions worldwide. With on-the-job training, advancement opportunities, and excellent benefits, StandardAero invites you to experience a fulfilling and meaningful career with us.
Inclusivity Is Our Standard
StandardAero offers equal employment opportunities for all. Our supportive environment celebrates diversity with no room for harassment or discrimination of any kind. We invite you to bring your authentic self to our team and experience our welcoming culture.