Welcome to a place where people are at the heart of everything we do.
Welcome to people with an inspiring vision and who seek stimulating challenges. At CIMA+, you’ll find a place where you’ll have many opportunities to learn and develop while working on engaging projects.
We are a firm 100% owned by its employees and we value a collaborative and entrepreneurial mindset. You will have the flexibility to manage your work on your own terms and define what work-life balance means to you.
When you join CIMA+, we welcome you to a place that you can call home.
Support the Ottawa Buildings group with the design and drafting of building electrical systems for an array of different building types in institutional, transit, and municipal infrastructure.
- Design, modelling and drafting of building electrical systems, such as, power distribution, lighting, fire alarm, data and communications using the latest versions of Revit, MicroStation and AutoCAD.
- Standard duties of this position include:
- Implementing redline markups from engineers.
- Working with senior technologists to ensure that all aspects of the design are coordinated with other disciplines.
- Basic design calculations under the supervision of a Senior Engineer.
- Occasional site visits to survey existing conditions and to document ongoing construction.
- Continued professional development through participation in internal and external learning opportunities.
- College diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Minimum of 1-5 years of relevant experience.
- Entry level knowledge of Revit Building Systems and AutoCAD 2D and 3D
- Entry level knowledge of MicroStation V8i. (an asset)
- The ability to adapt to and adhere to internal and external CAD and design standards.
- Ability to become a Certified Engineering Technologist or Technician (C.E.T. or C.Tech) and Member of OACETT (an asset).
- Previous experience using AGI32 lighting design or similar design software (an asset).
- Experience working as a member of multi-disciplinary design teams (an asset).
- Experience in transit and municipal infrastructure projects (an asset).
Ethics and integrity are fundamental values at CIMA+, and we are looking for people who uphold these principles. We are committed to creating opportunities for all our talents to contribute to the firm’s success, develop and grow, regardless of cultural or other differences. We fully endorse employment equity principles and encourage women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply for any position offered at CIMA+. Adaptation measures are provided upon request to facilitate participation in the recruitment process.
Contact Corine Tchakoute
#LI-Remote, #LI-Hybrid, #LI-Onsite