Beulah Alliance Church
Job Posting: Facilities Manager
This position is responsible to lead and guide Beulah’s maintenance directives and site specific maintenance teams in facilitating general building and property maintenance, asset management, preventative maintenance, contract and project management within the organization.
Position Type: Permanent Full-time, 40hrs/wk
Location: West Campus, 17504-98a Ave Edmonton, AB
In this role you will:
- Identify budget requirements for provision of facilities and equipment maintenance at all campuses.
- Provide technical and management expertise ensuring facilities and equipment are optimally maintained.
- Develop and evaluate policies and procedures relating to maintenance and property management.
- In partnership with Campus Pastors, manage cleaning, waste disposal, security and parking of campuses.
- Evaluate and manage assets to develop a plan to systematically strategize future needs for campuses.
- Oversee the development and implementation of a preventative maintenance program for all campuses.
- Oversee safety management systems and promote safety culture throughout the organization.
- Monitor facilities budgets and track costs; perform analysis and forecasting, provide reporting.
- Assist in project management responsibilities for construction and building renovations including participation in the design, construction management and commissioning.
- Communicate, plan and schedule contractors, subcontractors, and inspections to effectively manage security, maintenance, landscaping, snow removal, ventilation, heating, cooling, and fire prevention.
- With Executive Operations Director, oversee Occupations Health and Safety Program. Including: leading the Health and Safety Committee, orientating and training staff.
- Collaborate with ministries to coordinator and deploy building security protocols.
- Recruit and train a team of employees and volunteers, and determine optimal numbers, recruitment, retention, and development including spiritual leadership of custodial and volunteer teams.
- Lead and develop a custodial team by setting clear expectations, performance management, promoting continuous improvement and training and development.
- Develop a communications plan for building and maintenance personnel to ensure information flow to appropriate staff and between campuses.
- Conduct and attend meetings to disseminate pertinent information.
What you’ll need to thrive in this role:
- 5 – 10 years’ experience managing buildings, people, projects and/or facilities.
- Building trades certification, and/or facility management or related experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; competency in other relevant technical software.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to trouble shoot, identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, with customer and client management skills.
- Ability to manage a varied and complex workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, and can work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Able to exercise good judgment, show initiative and be proactive while adapting to change.
- Effective leadership skills, and able develop good working relationships with a wide range of people.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical thinking, planning, and execution skills.
- Aligned with Beulah's vision to awaken greater Edmonton to King Jesus.
Desired Start Date: As soon as possible. Specific date to be determined with the successful candidate.
Think you’re a great fit for this job? If you believe that God may be calling you to this position, please submit your resume and cover letter. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB T5T 5T8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you aligned with Beulah's vision to Awaken Greater Edmonton to King Jesus?
Work Location: In person