As a permanent, full-time R&D (Research and Development) Food Product Developer Technologist you will work on exciting, innovative R&D projects and he/or she will have the opportunity to apply creativity and resourcefulness to achieve unique solutions. At the forefront of new product development, the R&D Food Technologist will be front and center, making an impact on our brand, while continuing to learn and develop with our growing company!
As an integral member of the R&D team, you will manage projects with creative outcomes. It is best suited to someone who thinks outside of the box, likes to have fun and work with cross functional team.
- R&D Food Product Developer – Technologist, performs research activities in the food snack industry including prototype testing, raw materials data review, competitive finished goods product, and/or internal samples reviews.
- R&D product developer technologist is a key contributor of the R&D team and performs both lab bench top work testing and production environment scale up trials of new or line extension to current items.
- Collaborating & communicating test results to R&D Manager on product formulations.
- Support feasibility studies of the chemical, biological, and physical properties of food ingredients or other food additives to assess the composition, quality, sensory profile, and ensure clean label to meet food safety standards.
- While running a plant trial, Food Product Technologist supports plant trials; uses laser focus on optimization for both product and process, assess run ability also finds areas of improvement during execution; scaling up new/or existing products. He/she develops fine tune processes or product formulations during scale up -process, execute production trials to support commercialization of new products.
- Clearly understand food ingredients functionally and interaction between them with other key components and how they relate to manufacturing process /transformed into finished good products.
- In addition, he/she has a clear understanding of food manufacturing practices GMP’s & Food Quality Standards.
- R&D Food Product Developer Technologist will document ingredients testing, prototype products, manufacturing processes, plant trial testing and other added analytical testing involved with new product R&D or enhancements of Tootsi existing products.
- Additionally, Food Product Developer Technologist takes part in sensory evaluations and enhance prototypes based on internal/external feedback.
- Support raw materials product sampling from production to R&D lab to create Brand New Products items or existing product formulations.
- Support R&D Manager with specific tasks in regards R&D projects to add value and collaborate in team environment.
- Support shelf-life stability studies and testing of new or existing products on a regular basis.
- Firsthand with technical ability to understand industrial food manufacturing equipment and troubleshoot related to snacks manufacturing equipment. E.g., Kettle cooked, nut/seeds roaster.
- Organizes, calibrates, supports, and arranges for cleaning and maintenance of the test kitchen, processing, and lab equipment.
- Requires a minimum of B.Sc. Bachelor of Food Science or related field. This position will be reporting to R&D Manager.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in industrial food manufacturing environments; with at least 3 years’ experience in food manufacturing operations.
- 2+ years of proven practical experience within a test kitchen or food production lab.
- Industry Consumer Goods Product knowledge CGP is preferable with experience in Snacks foods, dry mixes (Dry fruits & Nuts, Confectionery considered as asset).
- Collaborating & communicating test results to R&D Manager on prototype development.
- Food Product Developer Technologist collaborates closely with cross functional team, on projects/matters of medium-high complexity in a support role to execute plant trials, product testing and other related R&D activities.
- Enthusiastic and self-starting; working with a sense of urgency when needed to maximize resources and meet timelines and goals.
- Adaptable, flexible, able to manage multiple projects or changing priorities.
- Exceptional mindfulness, record keeping, and organization.
- We are looking for a Food Product developer Technologist with “can do Attitude” – think out of the box and result oriented – collaborator.
- An attitude of curiosity, creativity, and focus on continuous learning about food ingredients/products.
Only the selected candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to $65,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person