Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Are you looking to highlight your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment? We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your excellent work ethic to our Recruitment department.
Reporting to the Regional Manager Recruitment Services and working within the established standards and strategic plans of Northern Health’s (NH) Recruitment Services, the Lead, Recruitment Services is responsible for leading, implementing and evaluating current and new initiatives including but not limited to international recruitment, full cycle recruitment, new graduate recruitment, and student engagement. This position focuses on quality improvement of systems, processes, and procedures managing high volumes of information and data. The Lead will form collaborative partnerships with leaders and community stakeholders including post-secondary institutions, indigenous partners and employment programs to establish productive working relationships supporting organizational initiatives.
Starting salary will be approximately from $86,398 to $107,997 and will be based on education, training, experience, and salaries of similar positions.
has a population of 89,490 (2021) local residents and is a service centre for approximately 320,000. Prince George has all the amenities of a larger city mixed with the charm and friendliness of a smaller town. Check out Prince George for more information on what this community has to offer.
What Northern Health has to offer you!
- Comprehensive benefit packages including extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or a related discipline, plus seven (7) to ten (10) years of recruitment experience in a large, complex, unionized environment with at least three (3) years of management experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Who we are
- Knowledge of current employment and labour acts and regulations and applicable collective agreements.
- Knowledge of human resources best practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of recruitment practices and interviewing techniques.
- Knowledge of current health care issues and trends.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships, both internal and external, at all levels.
- Ability to lead a strategic based recruitment and retention service and stay client focused at the same time.
- Ability to provide leadership, guidance and collaborate with others including managers and staff.
- Ability to supervise others.
- Effective promotional and marketing skills.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and balance multiple activities concurrently.
- Ability to operate related equipment including computer software applications.
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.