Are you a people oriented leader who is energetic and motivated. If you enjoy good food, pastries, desserts and coffee, and work well in a supportive team environment, we would like to hear from you!
Blue Hat Bakery-Café and Bistro at Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts is looking for a Supervisor to work varied daytime shifts in our full service bakery and coffee establishment. In addition, we are looking for an individual with event serving experience that can work between occasional evening events as business volumes dictate.
The job includes duties such as: serving and table service, greeting customers, making coffee, espresso drinks and tea, cash/touchless payment handling, serving food & beverages to customers, clearing and cleaning tables, and other duties as assigned. Supervisory duties include ordering, scheduling, payroll and event set up and service.
The candidate ideally has the following qualifications:
- 2 year of supervisory experience in a cafe setting
- providing exceptional, personalized table service for event guests
- learning, knowing and staying up-to-date on our current menus, bar and dining specials and events, and procedures
- experience with providing exceptional and friendly customer service
- experience in preparing and serving coffee and food in a hospitality environment
- excellent communication skills and enjoy working with the public
- be punctual and reliable
- thrive in a fast paced environment while keep calm under pressure
- be able to multitask while ensuring that clients waiting in line are greeted and acknowledged
- work opening and closing shifts weekdays and weekends
- be able to lift up to 15kgs
- be able to legally work in Canada
- enjoy working in an environment where the attention to detail is important
- have a love of food and sweets!
Blue Hat Bakery-Cafe and Bistro is part of Vancouver's top professional culinary training institute, Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts. We boast a stunning, marina-side cafe with views to the city and mountains. We are centrally located at the entrance of Granville Island and easily accessible via transit.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 30-40 per week
Salary: From $18.50 per hour
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you able to legally work in Canada?
- cafe or restaurant: 1 year (required)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person