Johnston Group provides employee benefit solutions to over 30,000 companies, ranging from one employee to thousands across various product lines, including Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan, Canada’s #1 employee benefits plan for small businesses. JG is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and was named one of Manitoba’s Top Employers. We support a positive work atmosphere where we value the diversity in the people we serve and are looking for talent who will contribute to our diverse and inclusive workplace; where individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. JG believes in giving back and contributes significantly to local health, arts, sports, and other community organizations.
Our Customer Care team is the first point of contact for our customers. For many of our clients and their employees, this will be their first experience with Johnston Group, and our goal is to exceed their expectations of our industry-leading customer service.
Our team ensures that all incoming calls, emails and chats are responded to with extraordinary levels of customer service and in the most professional manner possible. Only those candidates who have a true passion for delivering a superior experience for our customers should apply.
The successful candidate will be responsible for responding to incoming telephone, email and chat inquiries from our customers regarding plan information, coverage, status, and eligibility for disability, dental and extended health care claims. You will receive extensive training and product knowledge development. We encourage continuous learning and professional development, and the more you learn, the more you earn! This role is a permanent full-time role which offers a hybrid work model. Shift once training is completed will be Monday to Friday, 10am to 6pm.
- Previous customer service experience (inbound contact centre, retail or restaurant)
- Exceptional customer service skills and strong active listening skills
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to multitask and navigate multiple computer programs at the same time while speaking on the phone
- Ability to act with professionalism with customers in confrontational or sensitive situations
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Ability to deal with complex inquiries and independently make decisions to solve concerns for our customers
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to stay composed and organized in a fast paced, high call volume environment
- Previous experience with group benefit plan administration and claims is considered an asset
JG welcomes the opportunity to provide accommodation throughout the selection process. Please contact us to discuss your requirements by email at [email protected] or by phone at 204-774-6677, ext 295.