Branch Administrative Assistant - North York
for community services agency client, North York branch office.
Marberg Job Number:
October 2, 2023 to January 2, 2024.
$31.49 per hour.
Recommended Application Date:
Immediately - please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours:
FULL TIME HOURS - 9 am to 5 pm, not including 1 hour unpaid lunch break, Monday to Friday (35 work hours per week).
100% onsite at client's office in North York, close to TTC station. Parking also available.
Provide a diverse range of administrative, customer service and clerical support services to support Branch operations.
- Receive and screen telephone inquiries from the general public, staff, service suppliers and other internal and external stakeholders. Occasionally support upset or demanding clients. Respond directly to the request, relay messages or escalate the call accordingly.
- Maintain internal databases including entering and updating electronic or hardcopy information and creating client intake records. Conduct information and electronic or online records searches as required.
- Compose, format, proofread and distribute correspondence, forms, lists, schedules and other documentation from written or verbally dictated information, using various templates.
- Update and maintain hardcopy and electronic records management system, retrieving and re-filing documents as requested and performing archiving functions according to provided records management policies and protocols, and in compliance with privacy legislation.
- Administer payments programs, including opening new files, setting up payment schedules, preparing cheque requisitions, ensuring payment approvals, responding to client and service provider inquiries, and preparing payment reports. Manage Branch petty cash.
- Provide ad hoc first level technical support to Branch staff as needed.
- Participate in staff meetings and take minutes as required; follow up on action items.
- Additional Branch and program administration responsibilities as required.
Secondary School Diploma.
Preferred Work Experience:
At least 2+ years of recent Administrative experience at a comparable level
Preferred Sector Experience:
Not-For-Profit Sector experience is an asset.
Technical Skills Requirements:
Task-Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Fast and accurate typing and data entry speed (will be tested).
- Proficiency in MSOffice applications including Word, Excel and Outlook (will be tested).
- Familiarity with CRM database systems.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills (will be tested).
- Verbal fluency in additional language(s) preferred.
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct and strong work ethic.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proficient problem-solving and de-escalation skills. Ability to surmount internal and external job pressures.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through Indeed.ca, LinkedIn and marberg.com.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite at client’s North York office, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background checks, Technical Skills Evaluations and Employment References.