In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Construction Coordinators/ Construction Inspectors to join our team! In this role you will get to support the Giant Mine site with construction related inspection and coordination activities .
Must be local or willing to relocate to Yellowknife, NT.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Inspect the works of contractors b monitoring their performance to meet the specification and contract requirements.
- Support and ensure EHS standards are followed at site by subcontractors in accordance with EHS program. Perform safety audits\inspections.
- Oversee and perform site inspections and enforcement of standards
- Oversee QA/QC of work being performed by contractors. Ensuring quality control plans are followed and witnessing, verifying, approving as per the Inspection Test Plans (ITP). Coordinating the testing requirements with the contractor and third-party independent testing agents.
- Support Project Manager and Construction Superintendent in the delivery of the construction scope, schedule, budget, and quality of work packages delivered by sub-contractors.
- Monitor, verify and generate daily reports on the progress and performance of contractor activities.
- Review contractor daily reports and verify.
- Review daily and weekly plans, perform site inspections to monitor and assure adherence to plans.
- Assist Project Manager and Construction Superintendent with quality control assessments and the quality reports.
- Support the Project Manager and Construction Superintendent with resolving issues when variance in cost, schedule or quality arise by working with the contractors to develop and implement corrective actions.
What Required Skills You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, geoscience, or related field(s) OR diploma with 3+ years of relevant work experience in heavy civil, northern mining or remediation projects. Significant experience in lieu of diploma or degree will be considered.
- Must have ability to understand specification, quality plans and performing QA functions.
- Must have ability to oversee activities of multiple contractors.
- Must have strong conflict resolution skills and ability to monitor and maintain contractor adherence to specifications and standards.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to operate self-sufficiently in field environments.
- Proven ability to prepare reports and documentation.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
This position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.
For more than 75 years, our experts have designed and delivered the critical infrastructure that connects and protects communities around the world. We work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as health, vision, dental, employer paid provincial care premiums, Defined Contribution Pension Plan (DCPP), Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA), Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), life insurance, paid time off, sick leave, all province observed holidays off, and gym membership discounts to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!