Billing & Accounts Clerk
Crossroads Law is an award-winning family law firm that takes pride in providing exceptional customer service to our clients. We provide family law, estate planning and fertility law services across BC and Alberta with offices in Vancouver and Calgary.
As one of the fastest growing law firms in Western Canada, we are looking for a Billing and Accounts Clerk to join our fast-paced, collaborative, and diverse team. This is a hybrid position with a mix of in-office and work from home.
The billing clerk role will have primary duties including preparing invoices, tracking payments, and maintaining accurate records. This person would work closely with our other accounting staff as well as our lawyers and paralegals to ensure that billing processes are on time and accurate. The successful candidate will also work with clients to answer account specific queries.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Pull prebills for lawyers for review & make revisions as per lawyer’s instructions
· Provide direct assistance to lawyers in the production of their client accounts
· Add disbursement fees to bills and process client and internal disbursements
· Finalize and ensure bills are sent out
· Post-billing administrative processes
· Coordinate with clients regarding payments as required & respond to any billing inquiries
· Carry out accounts receivable tasks as required
· Billing and time related data entry
· Provide assistance/backup support as required to other members of the finance team as required
· Perform other related duties as required
· 2+ years experience working in administration,
· Billing Clerk/Accounts Receivable experience would be an asset however, training will be provided
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
· Organized and meticulous with follow-up and detail
· Ability to take the initiative, prioritize and multitask
· Ability to work overtime on occasion
· Basic knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures an asset
· Proficiency in using MS Office applications, particularly Excel
· Experience in a legal environment and with Esilaw or other legal accounting software is highly desirable
We appreciate all applications however only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Billing and Accounts receivable: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Calgary, AB T2P 0L4