Health Care Aide - Temp. Part-Time (0.7FTE) SL
About the Organization:
Is contributing to a mission driven organization important to you? Do you prefer to be a part of an organization that takes its mission as the basis for all decision making? The mission of Covenant Care and Covenant Living is to “continue the healing ministry of Jesus by serving with compassion, upholding the sacredness of life in all stages, and caring for the whole person – body, mind and soul.”
In fulfillment of this mission, Covenant Care and Covenant Living actively participate in advancing the Covenant Strategic Plan that aspires to:
- Serve – we will strengthen our mission and live our values to meet the needs of those we serve through excellence in care, an engaged team, and wise use of our resources;
- Transform and Grow – We will transform the health system and grow through integration, innovation, and shared learnings to respond to the strengths and needs of our communities, especially those most vulnerable;
- And Contribute – we will leverage our legacy to maximize the strategic contribution of Catholic health care.
Covenant Care is an organization that takes its mission to the heart of everything it does.
We believe that this is what makes our organization stand out in our approach. Our Employees are the key to how our residents feel about their home… you have the ability to be a part of influencing the lives of all those that reside in our environments and create a caring and compassionate environment.
Covenant Care welcomes all who share a calling to serve those most in need.
We are called to continue the healing ministry of Jesus by serving with compassion, upholding the sacredness of life in all stages, and caring for the whole person- body, mind and soul. The position of Health Care Aide will commit to incorporate our mission, vision, and our values, which are Compassion, Collaboration, Respect, Social Justice, Integrity and Stewardship, and uphold our ethical traditions as foundational aspects in all actions and decision-making.
As a member of the care team, the Health Care Aide (HCA) provides support to residents, their family and visitors in a home-like environment that enables independence, choice, dignity, privacy and individuality. An individual in this position assists residents as necessary in areas of personal care, social support, and assisting residents to participate in recreation and leisure activities.
The position requires the ability to communicate in all forms (reading, writing, clear verbal articulation and active listening) to implement recommendations and develop plans and procedures in accordance with Covenant Care’s protocol and also with applicable legislation. Information learned and shared is extremely sensitive, and it is expected that the Health Care Aide maintains absolute confidentiality.
- This position is responsible for providing resident care in a way that acknowledges resident choice, dignity, privacy, independence, culture, spirituality and individuality inclusive of a home-like environment.
- Ensuring service is provided in a manner reflective of Covenant Care’s standards.
- Maintaining a close working relationship with the interdisciplinary team.
- Consistently promoting teamwork and cooperation within the team.
In accordance with Covenant Care’s mission, vision, and values, this position is responsible for ensuring that residents receive quality care and service according to Covenant Care policies and procedures. Provides support to residents, their family and visitors during the resident’s end of life journey that will enable choice, dignity, privacy, respect and individuality.
Covenant Care offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
All employees new to Covenant Care must provide a criminal record check not older than 90 days ahead of your commencement date. Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Person Screening processing is taking much longer than typical (3 to 4 weeks) and that commencing the process in advance is advisable. Not having your CRC will delay your ability to commence employment. Covenant Care is committed to an inclusive work environment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank you in advance for applying with Covenant Care.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.