As a full-time Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for supervising the activities of assigned staff and vendors to ensure the upkeep of the property, facilities, and equipment. As the leader of the maintenance team, you will be a key part to ensuring all work orders and maintenance programs are completed in a timely manner.
A strong maintenance team is critical to giving our residents the best in their home experience.
Responsibilities to include, but are not limited to:
- Supervision and development of the maintenance employees of the property and the overall care/maintenance of the property in accordance with ACC objectives.
- Supervises and ensures the safe operation, maintenance, and repair of all facility equipment, including compliance with all health, safety and OSHA programs, policies, procedures, and reports.
- Develops, implements, and supervises an inspection program for all public areas and resident apartments to ensure proper maintenance and standards are achieved and sustained.
- Develops, implements, and supervises preventative maintenance programs for all buildings, equipment, and resident apartments, including the training of the staff on the management of such program.
- Develops, schedules, coordinates and manages the Turn Program for the property in conjunction with the General Manager/Property Manager, staff and ACC corporate staff.
- Maintains all required records and documentation in accordance with ACC policies/procedures, local, state, and federal regulations.
- Ensures that all work orders are responded to in a timely manner, including after-hours “on call” maintenance requests.
Canadian Campus Communities Culture Commitments
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership, and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent and at least three (3) years of related experience, including HVAC, plumbing and electrical
- Preferred air conditioning and refrigeration certification by an EPA Type 2 or above approved testing organization preferred
- Computer skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office products and internet usage
- The ability to understand and adhere to policies and procedures, use basic math skills, and effectively communicate, verbally and written, with employees, residents and guests
- The awareness that you can occasionally be exposed to moving parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions
- The ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person