Your Next Opportunity
We are looking for a dynamic Recruitment Coordinator to join our national Recruitment team and drive talent acquisition for operations, paraprofessionals and legal support roles. Reporting to the National Recruitment Manager, the Recruitment Coordinator will provide support to Recruiting by coordinating all aspects of recruitment and selection. This role will support the day-to-day operations in addition to continuous improvement initiatives to create positive experiences and be an Employer of Choice.
Please note that this role offers a hybrid workweek. Each week will combine both working at home for a few days and working in the office for the balance. Your hybrid schedule will start once you join McMillan!
What You’ll Do
- Receive and review job applications in the recruitment database/Applicant Tracking system (uKG)
- Respond to and acknowledge all solicited and unsolicited resumes and inquiries
- Draft job postings for review/approval by appropriate parties, place ads in appropriate publications within required timeframes
- Maintain relationships with all candidates in a professional manner and ensure discretion and confidentiality
- Arrange and schedule interviews
- Administer background check process
- Monitor advertising budgets to ensure expenses are within budgeted amounts
- Liaise with respective department directors/managers/supervisors/team leaders on recruitment assignments and provide guidance/advice on interviewing practices, including best practices for DEI
- Conduct first round of interviews to assess experience and skill set
- Notify unsuccessful candidates of hiring decisions in an appropriate and respectful manner
- Responsible for the summer administrative student program
- Participate in College Career fairs; co-ordinate co-op placement programs
- Keep current on recruitment trends (i.e. social networking, online recruitment strategies) and job market trends
- Use social media to identify and connect with passive candidates
- Provide an exceptional candidate and hiring manager experience with regular communication
- Research and collect data on competitors open roles (i.e., job boards and law firm websites)
- Support national Recruiting projects and initiatives
- Support Vancouver HR team with New Hire and Departure processes (documentation)
- Support Vancouver Onboarding initiatives for Operations and Legal Professionals (i.e., orientation & tours)
- Provide overflow support for HR related documentation
- Support Business Continuity initiatives
What You Bring
The successful candidate will have a certificate/diploma in Human Resource Management or related degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 3 years of recruitment experience, preferably in a professional services environment. Required skills include strong written and oral communication skills, strong problem-solving skills and a demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with various internal and external contacts. The ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative national team is necessary. The successful candidate must show initiative, resourcefulness and flexibility. A service-oriented approach, the ability to multi-task and manage a large and variable workload is required. Good judgement, attention to detail, professionalism and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information is also essential. In addition, the successful candidate will possess excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and Excel. Knowledge of HRIS systems or recruitment software would also be an asset. In addition to understanding social platforms such as Instagram and LinkedIn.
McMillan Offers You
Mentorship and Support
Training as Software Evolves
Commensurate Compensation and Benefits Package
Fun Work Environment
McMillan = You
Inclusion and diversity are essential elements of our culture at McMillan which coincides with our core values of respect, teamwork, commitment, client service and professional excellence.
At McMillan, we know we will achieve the most success by attracting and retaining the best talent, and by representing and supporting communities from which we draw our members, the communities in which we live and work and the communities to which we provide legal services.
We are a law firm that prides itself in sustained quality and excellence in service while fostering a positive and collegial work environment which nurtures mentoring inspires enthusiasm and professional excellence. We commit to putting our best efforts forward in achieving our goals, and the goals of our clients. You can help us in that journey!
Need another reason to consider McMillan? Let’s work together to help you achieve your professional goals and career development.
Let’s get started
If this position is for you, and you reside in or around the Vancouver area, we look forward to hearing from you. We like cover letters too so don’t forget to include one along with your resume
McMillan is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please email us or contact us at 1.888.622.4624 to submit your accommodation request.
McMillan LLP is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and diversity. We respect and embrace the unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of individuals at all levels of the firm. This enables us to provide innovative client service, contribute fully to our communities and advance our firm’s values.