Centennial College recognizes and affirms Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Indigenous ways of knowing as central to the vibrancy and uniqueness of its learning and working academic mission. We strongly encourage applications from members of Indigenous communities and all equity-deserving groups including Women, Racialized, Persons with Disabilities, and LGBTQ+ communities.
We also recognize that Centennial is situated on the Treaty Lands of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and pay tribute to their legacy as well as that of all First Peoples that have been and remain present here in Toronto. We recognize that First Peoples come from sovereign Nations and that part of understanding our responsibilities of residing on this territory are understanding the true history, circumstances and legacy of the Treaties signed here (such as the Toronto Purchase, Robinson-Huron Treaty and Williams Treaties) and including pre-contact Treaties and Agreements between sovereign Nations and that all peoples in this area are therefore Treaty people with obligations and responsibilities to all our relations.
Centennial College is seeking an innovative, results-driven and collaborative Manager of National Student Recruitment with a focus on non-direct learners to join the Strategic Enrolment Management (SEM) Division. The SEM Division encompasses National and International Recruitment, Marketing and Creative Services, Business Development and SEM Operations. The division is responsible for meeting the enrolment goals of all full-time, part-time, micro-credential, and continuing education programs each intake.
Reporting to the Director, National Recruitment and Market Development, the Manager of National Student Recruitment – Non-Direct Learners ensures the College meets its domestic enrolment targets by developing and implementing innovative strategies to generate a strong applicant pool of qualified students for programs and intakes designed for non-direct learners (i.e., students who are enrolled in, completing, or completed post-secondary school).
The Manager will develop and nurture professional relationships with post-secondary institutions, community organizations, internal and external stakeholders, and influencers of non-direct learners to increase partnerships and build brand awareness pan-Canada, ensuring outreach to and representation of Indigenous peoples and equity-deserving populations in all programs.
- Oversees and coordinates recruitment/sales/relational strategies, planning, and activities in conjunction with College and community partners, including: post-secondary institutions, community, employer, industry and agency visits and presentations.
- Maintains and applies knowledge of academic programs, offerings, and pathways in recruitment planning, strategizing, and execution by liaising with Deans, Chairs, operations and recruitment staff, Program Coordinators, and faculty with the academic schools.
- Manages and nurtures key account relationships with high-yield and emerging organizations, post-secondary institutions, employment and community agencies, and other key organizations associated with prospective non-direct student applicants.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to develop special engagement and recruitment-focused events designed specifically for the non-direct market.
- Partners with Innovation, Inclusion, Reconciliation and Healing (IIRH) on strategies to increase enrolment of Indigenous people and equity-deserving populations in all programs.
- Maintains a comprehensive recruitment cycle, including oversight of recruitment communication plans such as direct mail, targeted automated communication, electronic publications, and newsletters for prospective students and their influencers throughout the recruitment/admissions funnel, identifying and acting on gaps, barriers, and opportunities.
- Works with digital recruitment managers to develop, implement, source and design digital outreach initiatives to prospective non-direct learners.
- Works with Enrolment Services to plan, develop and execute innovative confirmation and conversion strategies, events, and programming to support enrolment to programs requiring post-secondary education
- Works with Marketing and Creative Services to develop, purchase, and maintain domestic recruitment presentations, promotional materials, and swag that address the needs of the non-direct audience
- Responsible for hiring, supervising, and engaging a recruitment/sales team (recruiters and coordinators) within a unionized environment.
- Trains, supports, and monitors support staff to uphold high professionalism and customer service standards.
- Coordinates regular team building for team cohesion, attends to operational needs, and facilitates input and ownership into the planning and execution of recruitment activity.
- Ensures participant tracking of all recruitment visits and events using CRM systems.
- Researches, reviews, and evaluates data through various channels (ex. OCAS market share report and data cubes, CRM database, and internal College reports) to adapt/develop recruitment plans
- Implements a lead generation program which targets quality leads, increases conversions through strategic communications and marketing campaigns, and informs campaigns and strategies through data analysis.
- Acts as one of the department leads on the recruitment CRM, including reporting, campaigns, training, and business process development.
- Identifies opportunities to increase first-choice applications, confirmations, conversion, and yield numbers through population and/or academic program segmentation.
- Disseminates data, identifies trends and offers advice to the Director and other internal stakeholders
- Works with Admissions, Community Outreach and other internal stakeholders to define, implement, and monitor strategies to reach enrolment targets with key populations, such as newcomers to Canada, Indigenous peoples, displaced persons, students with disabilities, women in non-traditional careers, apprenticeships, PSE (including Centennial) graduates, etc.
- Identifies and recommends benchmarks and metrics to continually evaluate and improve recruitment and sales strategies.
- 4-year degree in Business Administration, Communications, Education, Event Planning, Project Management or related field, or a 3-year diploma/degree in a related field with CPSA Certified Sales Professional (CSP) designation
- Seven (7) years of progressive experience in sales, business development or student recruitment, preferably within the post-secondary/education sector
- Experience working within a complex, unionized post-secondary environment considered an asset
- Must-have knowledge of best practices, initiatives, and current research related to the non-direct student recruitment portfolio; demonstrable ability to apply knowledge and experience to the Centennial College context
- Demonstrated successful track record of developing, delivering and evaluating new initiatives as it relates to sales/business development, recruitment strategies, and business plan execution
- Demonstrated leadership experience with the ability to provide direction and effectively motivate staff and establish a high-performing team and culture to achieve required goals and outcomes.
- Demonstrates a high level of conflict resolution, problem-solving, and political acumen.
- High-level communication skills, including excellent written, editing, verbal, and presentation skills; as well as social media literacy and fluency.
- Experience and/or training in outcome-based program/service planning and evaluation.
- High-level critical thinking and excellent analytical problem-solving skills to research and analyze large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data, and interpret and clearly communicate complex findings
- Ability to build strong, collaborative, and positive working relationships with diverse colleagues and stakeholders
- Program research, assessment, and evaluation skills; and project management techniques with the ability to plan, coordinate and manage concurrent priorities and effectively meet established timelines.
- Ability to apply knowledge and understanding of interculturalism in everyday practice and interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective service models, provide direction, and schedule employees to meet constantly changing/competing priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, CRM, and relevant computer applications
- Understanding of relevant legislation (i.e., privacy, health and safety, anti-spam laws, etc.).
- Demonstrated financial acumen; experience overseeing a budget and participating in financial processes
- Must possess a valid G Driver’s License.
Apply online: www.centennialcollege.ca/careers
Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer.
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by October 16, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST. Please quote Job ID J1023-0020. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).