This is full time employment: We are seeking to fill the position of Housing Association Maintenance Foreman to oversee the day to day operations of the maintenance department at a housing association located in one of the Nunavut communities. Note: This is not a turn-around position, this is a full time position and requires the incumbent to move to the community, taking 1 paid vacation per year. To apply, you will be a tradesperson with 10 years of experience in the residential maintenance field. (equivalency will be a combination of several years supervising/managing a work crew, and hands on experience in residential building maintenance trade). You will be a hard worker with good organizational skills, great teamworking skills, exemplary critical thinking skills, administrative skills (knowing how to use Microsoft Office) and at least 5 years experience in managing and supervising a work crew of at least 10 workers. The salary range for this position is $112k to $121k per annum. When applying, please indicate whether or not you have previous work experience in Nunavut, and whether or not you are Nunavut Inuit. Thank you for your interest in this position,
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $112,000.00-$121,000.00 per year
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- This is not a turn-around position, are you willing to move to Nunavut full time for this position, taking one vacation to the south, per year?
- Do you have 5 or more years experience managing and supervising a work crew?
- Do you have 5 or more years experience working on residential maintenance, excluding commercial and industrial work?
- Have you worked in Nunavut before? Not mandatory to have worked in Nunavut, however it is an asset.
- Certified tradesperson: 5 years (required)
- residential trade certificate at the journeyman level (preferred)
- Driver's License to legally drive in Canada (required)
Work Location: In person