Working within the Education Department and under the direction and supervision of the Education Manager the College Recruitment & Marketing Coordinator will provide recruitment, admissions, advising, and liaison services to attract prospective students into SIB College Programs. The successful applicant will be responsible for carrying out the Institution's recruitment activities aimed at attracting students to SIC programs. Duties include preparing and presenting information sessions about the College to local audiences including high schools, career days, education fairs, and post-secondary institutions; working closely with college personnel responsible for admissions, academic advising, student support services, on a variety of recruitment issues; compiling information and assisting in the implementation of the overall recruitment strategy; identifying strategies for recruitment initiatives and assisting in their implementation; answering enquiries on recruitment; utilizing various online communication tools and social media platforms for recruitment initiatives; assisting with campus tours for prospective students; and performing other related duties as required. This position may require some travel within Canada, and public appearances as well as non-traditional work hours at various points of the recruitment cycle. You will act as SIC representative at internal as well as external recruitment and community events, developing rapport with students, parents, and key stakeholders by providing prompt and professional service.
Role: The goal will be to actively recruit students through consistent follow-up through the application process, specifically through email, phone calls and campus visits.
This is a term position and will end March 31, 2026 with a possibility of extension.
What does it take to be successful working at Seabird Island? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Customer Service: Provides consistent, professional, and welcoming customer service to teachers, other staff, parents and students.
- Organized: Ability to process and organize electronic and paper documentation and information.
- Personable: A collaborative attitude, participating in the planning, developing, extending services, and promoting effective strategies to encourage a positive school environment
- Communicator: Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills and proven ability to adjust style for various audiences.
- Multitasker: The ability to balance competing priorities, meet deadlines, and to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
Work that matters
Are you looking to start a career where you'll make meaningful connections and contribute to holistic education and instilling a foundation of lifelong learning in young learners? Our team is passionate about supporting thriving students and families.
Seabird Island located 1 kilometer from Agassiz, BC on the beautiful Fraser River, 120 km east of Vancouver.
We’re hiring!| Facebook | LinkedIn | For Our Culture
Benefits and perks
Benefits vary by job type, apply after a successful probationary period and are confirmed in the interview and hiring process.
- Extended health and dental benefits,
- Accrued vacation and sick time,
- Pension plan with matching employer contributions,
- Access to internal training programs, professional development and skill enhancement,
- Collaboration with an interdisciplinary team
- Casual dress code
What you’ll do
- Develop new and enhance pre-existing relationship with other educational institutes,
- Develop and implement a range of recruitment strategies/events.
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Travel to First Nations communities to promote college programs.
- Meet with youth workers and youth groups to generate increased awareness of college programs.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to other institutes, communities, and employment centers.
- Research and plan avenues, resources, and mediums where Seabird College and its programs can be promoted.
- Work with Seabird Island Band Communications to provide program information and poster / flyer information and editing.
- Advise prospective students regarding pre-requisite requirements related to vocational objectives, career options and registration procedures.
- Meet with and build relationships with post-secondary education student support workers and school career counselors.
- Take a lead role in developing and implementing the College’s marketing and student recruitment strategy to support the faculty’s strategic objectives with emphasis on developing the use of web, eMarketing and social media. This will involve working with the Director of Education, and other relevant colleagues.
- Promote products and services of Seabird College in various private and public setups including at nearby First Nation communities.
- Able to manage and update social media forums.
- Ensure that messages are supportive of and consistent with marketing strategies.
- Supervise social media outreach.
- Create, deliver, edit, and optimize marketing materials working closely with our communications department.
- Act as a backup for College Student Support and College Registrar when required.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends to attend promotional events.
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by your Supervisor, Manager, Director, or the ED
What you bring
- Recognized diploma/degree in Education, Recruitment, or career development practices
- 3+ years’ experience in an employment coaching / education or administrative setting.
- Demonstrated skills in building relationships and establishing networks, with First Nations post-secondary education staff, secondary school career counselors, and potential employers.
- Proficient in social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook).
- Effective activity tracking, with awareness of registration numbers and program capacities.
- Demonstrated effective public engagement and presentation skills.
- Must be motivated and able to work as part of a small team, and with minimal supervision, to present opportunities and follow through, and to think outside the box in promoting student success.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proven analytical/critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Skilled at networking and network-building; a strong commitment to partnership-working;
- Ability to set work priorities in a multi-task environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Proven ability to maintain student, staff, document, and records confidentiality
- Knowledge of the Stó:lò culture and Halq’eméylem language.
- Knowledge of MS 365 Office Suite; outlook, word, excel.
- Ability to adhere to Oath of Confidentiality and Seabird Island Band Policies and Procedure.
- Knowledge and respect of Stó:lō culture, traditions and language is considered an asset.
- Experience working with First Nations communities is considered an asset.
- Valid BC Driver’s License, Class 5.
Reports to: Education Manager
- Employment is conditional upon completing pre-employment screening to ensure a safe and secure work environment in which students, staff, members, families, community, as well as resources, and assets are protected. All background checks, reference checks and criminal record checks are performed in accordance with SIB HR Policy, protecting the integrity and confidentiality of information gathered during the evaluation.
- SIB has implemented measures to protect and prevent the spread of COVID-19. SIB is mandated under provincial health care standards that all employees provide proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless otherwise deemed exempt under the Human Rights Code
Seabird Island is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Pursuant to S. 41 of the BC Human Rights code, preference may be given to Applicants of Indigenous, Métis, or Inuit heritage. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in Canada; however, we are not able to sponsor visas.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.