WE ARE RECRUITING FOR SEASONAL SELECTOR AT OUR DISTRIBUTION CENTRE
WORK HARD. HAVE FUN. GROW WITH US!!
If you are looking for summer work, describe yourself as active, customer obsessed, detailed, solution-orientated person passionate, quality driven with a can-do attitude – and having fun doing it, apply to our Distribution Selector position at our Bobcaygeon location so we can meet you!
Small Town Culture Family-Owned Afternoon Shift
Yes, you even get FREE ICE CREAM!!!
A Little Bit About Us:
For the past 85 years, Kawartha Dairy has been proud to be a 100% Canadian-owned company, still operated by the same family that founded it in 1937. Although the company has grown tremendously from its early days, it remains headquartered in the lakeside community of Bobcaygeon, Ontario, where it was founded, near Peterborough, an hour north of the GTA.
Today Kawartha Dairy operates 10 retail stores and services a wide range of customers, from grocery stores to foodservice establishments and of course, ice cream parlours. The company also provides custom dairy ingredients to other food companies using Kawartha Dairy’s long history of dairy expertise.
Reflecting the explosive growth in the brand and the business as a whole, Kawartha Dairy has recently constructed a 54,000-square-foot warehouse just south of Bobcaygeon to serve its provincial operations. Investments are also underway to modernize the production plant, our systems and our infrastructure.
As part of our close-knit Distribution Centre team, you are responsible for ensuring good communication and cooperation between your co-workers while safely meeting company quality and ensure that all customer orders are accurately selected and shipped as per customer requirements; so we may continue to efficiently provide our top-notch dairy products to our loyal customers and creating memories for families.
Our work week is comprised of a 6-day work week at this time, from Sunday to Friday but selectors are only required to work 5 of the 6 shifts.
Kawartha Dairy is committed to growing our company culture of super-friendly staff, above-and-beyond customer service and of course creating a fabulous collection of ice cream and other products.
We at Kawartha Dairy live by our five values:
- We are Proud of Our Quality
What You’ll Do:
- Perform general physical activities in order to load, unload, sort and move products and materials by hand or using basic material handling equipment
- Perform tasks in multi-temperature environments (must love the cold)
- Read work orders or receive oral instruction for work assignments
- Read an Order Sheet and use scanning technology to find individual items within warehouse
- Fill orders from warehouse stock, complete order receipts, and assemble orders to be shipped
- Computer knowledge to manage scanning of products and lot codes; use barcode scanning equipment to maintain computerized stock inventory
- Oversee loading and unloading of goods to appropriate store areas and ensures physical inventory is secure at all times i.e. wrap and secure loads prior to transport
- Perform tasks related to shipping and transportation of orders
- Order selectors are responsible for selecting, storing, packing and monitoring inventory of products
- Unpack received products and count or sort items
- Stock shelves and keep stock clean and in order
- Operate, navigate, or drive mechanized material handling equipment
- Communicate problems with material handling equipment, structures or materials
- Perform general cleaning duties and all other duties as required by supervisors
- Provide information for the completion of incident reports in relation to health and safety issues or material spills
- Complete activity logs to record tasks completed during the shift
- Ensuring HACCP, and all other Food Safety practices are being followed
What you Need to Get the Job Done:
- Reading comprehension, basic mathematics, quality control, coordination and time management
- Strength and stamina are required as much of the workday is spent on the feet, lifting and sorting product/materials. Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a repetitive basis.
What Will Make Us REALLY Love You:
- Someone with a solid aptitude for detailed work and accuracy
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change
- Able to analyze information, problem solve and make good decisions for example, tracking down a missing product, finding creative solutions to spatial challenges when moving materials or addressing damaged goods and improperly packed goods with little direction
- Able to make your own decisions on priorities and the order of tasks as needed
- Accountable for own actions and decisions
- And if you possess all the above then we would also like to have someone who understands and constantly pursues the principles of continuous improvement.
- Lives our Values and wants to join us on our journey
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Financial Peace of Mind. Competitive wage.
- Grow with Us. An opportunity for career development in a growing, dynamic Canadian-owned company and an amazing company Culture
- Perks, Perks, Perks! Discount on products sold in our retail stores, free daily dairy beverages (we do make awesome milk) provided in all our company fridges, annual boot allowance, uniforms provided, active social committee. And the best thing about working at Kawartha Dairy – you get FREE ICE CREAM!!!
We thank all candidates for their interest in Kawartha Dairy Limited, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.