The Dakota Community Centre – Jonathan Toews Sportsplex, located in south St. Vital in Winnipeg, is looking for an enthusiastic coordinator who thrives on client-first service and working with the age demographic of 0-17. This multi-faceted role requires someone who understands the actions and tasks that are involved with managing a successful program, including promotion, client experience, event management, budgeting and handling multiple priorities related to working with this age group.
Overview of the Role
As the Coordinator, you directly oversee all aspects of the youth program and youth sport coordination under the direction of the Fitness, Sport and Recreation Manager, including budget planning and control, program design, client communication and internal collaboration with internal team members who are integral to creating a successful program.
This diverse role requires a professional who is enthusiastic, motivated and excels in managing multiple tasks. The Coordinator understands the needs of youth in both sport and recreation. You understand the importance of age-appropriate programming and provide opportunities to youth of all abilities. You understand the different dynamics of this demographic group and can research, implement, and evaluate programs related to the various stages of childhood. Programs and services will engage youth in sport, recreation, day camp, and learning opportunities. Given the scope of programming, this position will require occasional evening and weekend hours.
· Provide leadership, guidance, and training youth program staff.
· Facilitate the growth of current youth programming and development/implementation of new programming opportunities.
· Ensure all youth programs are effective and meeting the needs of all children, and are aligned with mission/values.
· Understand the needs of the community and identify areas for improvement.
· Coordinate day-to-day operations of youth programming.
· Work with volunteers and community organizations (baseball, softball, soccer, basketball).
· Manage sport volunteers, including recruitment, appointing, and administration.
· Monitor all youth programs and manage youth program staff.
· Maintain records of all youth program participants and volunteers.
· Facilitate the engagement of youth in fitness and healthy lifestyle programming.
· Post-secondary training or degree in recreational studies, social services, health or other relevant training to relate well with the youth population. A combination of relevant education and experience will receive consideration.
· Demonstrated strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Ability to lead programs considered an asset.
· Ability to exercise initiative and make decisions in accordance with applicable rules, regulations and policies set forth by DCC and /or The City of Winnipeg.
· Valid Standard First Aid and AED certificate is desired or in progress.
· Must be able to complete a successful Criminal Record Check or have successfully passed in the last 6 months.
· Eligible to work in Canada.
Please include a short cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience as well as salary expectations. Our objective is to provide our employees with a safe and healthy workplace. We seek diversity in our workplace and encourage all who are interested to apply for this role regardless of age, gender or culture.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35,000.00-$40,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Work Location: In person