Our work environment includes:
- Safe work environment
- On-the-job training
- Growth opportunities
We are currently seeking a Full Time Dental Receptionist in Whitehorse, YT.
Job Summary: The Dental Receptionist is responsible for providing exceptional patient service and support to all of our research associates. Responsibilities include answering phones, checking patients in/out, taking payments, processing insurance claims, answering dental records questions, and other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and thrive is a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Greet and assist patients as they arrive; ensure a lasting positive impression for them.
- Responsible for optimizing the appointment schedule by ensuring the day is full, with limited gaps.
- Effectively manage recall system and accurately maintain patient database.
- Manage patient calls and inquiries about appointments, confirmations, amendments and cancellations.
- Process referral letters and other patient correspondence upon receipt from provider; manage and file all patient records and charts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Day shift
- Monday - Friday
- Occasional Saturday availability
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma (preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of administration experience (preferred)
- Dental experience considered an asset but not required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $22.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Whitehorse, YT Y1A 5B3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Dental receptionist: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person