AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 4,200 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
We are currently seeking an Application Engineer to add to our team in Winnipeg,, MB. As an Application Engineer, you will understand the customer’s technical requirements, and limitations of AGI equipment. Working with the customer and outside sales, you will configure and/or design specific equipment drawings for each project for our customers, using existing product lines.
You will collaborate closely with a comprehensive support team of engineers, project managers and operations team members.
- Produce an approval drawing and receives approval through interaction with the Project/Quote Coordinator, Customer, or outside sales.
- Read customer specifications, maintain a customer focus, verify integrity of what was quoted, verify what was entered on the order, and verify the design meets the client expectations. Ensure the equipment will be technically successful.
- Verify what was quoted is technically sound before creating CAD models. Raise concern for applications/opportunities where heightened risk exists, or expectations cannot be satisfied.
- Evaluate all applications to ensure they meet corporate guidelines or apply engineering risk assessments where no guidelines exist.
- Review individual equipment approval drawings produced by application designer to ensure correct and accurate information and compliance to corporate standards prior to sending to customer.
- Responsible to have approval drawings peer reviewed (by fellow Application Engineer) prior to sending to sales or the client.
- Ultimately responsible for ensuring engineering calculation tools are applied to projects (and gets secondary review completed by a fellow Application Engineer).
- Track changes in equipment designs throughout the approval process and assist with cost impact to support the change order process.
- Communicate the customer approved drawings to the manufacturing locations, such that the correct equipment is manufactured at the appropriate time, or sooner.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Structural or Agricultural Engineering from accredited university.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role; Industrial material handling experience preferred.
- Engineer-in-training (EIT) required. Working towards P. Eng is preferred.
- Familiarity with ERP systems; proficient in 3D CAD modeling and Solid Works
- Ensure designs conform to local safety codes and standards.
- Effective and efficient communicator, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to communicate technical ideas or issues to other technical and non-technical people.
- Acts with integrity, accountability, and ethical practices. Ability to exercise good judgment, initiative, and a strong work ethic.
- Mechanical aptitude and a desire to work in a fabricated equipment environment, with a propensity for machine design.
- Ability to own personal development and gain an understanding of the equipment that AGI manufactures, how it is produced and why designs are made the way they are.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.