Shift and Schedule
- NSAHO Pension
- Dental Care
- Vison Care
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- On site parking
The Food Services Team Leader is a Registered Dietitian responsible for the coordination of clinical dietary services for the elders living at Hillside Pines to ensure the highest standard of customer service and nutritional care management. The Dietitian is responsible for all aspects of the leadership and management of the Food Service Team. The Dietitian also coordinates food service delivery for 30 enriched housing tenants (noon meal), Meals on Wheels, staff care partners, families, and volunteers. Working in collaboration with the care team and elders, the Dietitian works within the mission, vison, and elder care philosophy of Hillside Pines.
Participates as part of the management team.
Demonstrated commitment to the provision of the best quality of care and service to all Elders and care partners of Hillside Pines.
- Works within the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of their profession.
- Reports to the Administrator
- Supports and maintains Hillside Pines’ elder-directed care philosophy.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates the Food/Clinical Nutrition services to all Elders, using evidence-based standards of care.
- Participates in team meetings i.e: Occupational Health and Safety, Pharmacy/Therapeutics, Risk/Wound, Elder Care Conference, Neighbourhood Circles, Emergency Planning, Strategic Planning, IPAC, AGM and others as needed.
- Responsible for leadership and personnel management of the Food Services team including coaching, leading, performance reviews, team meetings, schedules, payroll, etc.
- Responsible for recruitment and retention of Food Service care partners.
- Delivers education sessions for care partners, elders and families as needed.
- Plans, approves, and reviews menus in accordance with NS licensing requirements.
- Actively monitors eating habits, weight changes, hydration, biochemical data, and swallowing needs as it relates to nutritional status of the elders and recommends appropriate nutrition therapy as part of the clinical team.
- Responsible for purchasing inventory of Food Services equipment and supplies.
- Prepares and submits annual budget for Food Services department and monitor/controls monthly financial statements.
- Prepares formal written reports on Food Services department activities, including audits, quality measures, and statistics as required i.e.: monthly Board reports, AGM, etc.
- Collaborates and maintains effective communication with members of an interdisciplinary team at Hillside Pines in all areas pertaining to elder care and service.
- Demonstrates a continued interest in self-development and lifelong learning by attendance at workshops, seminars, and conferences.
- Participates in the general orientation of new staff care partners.
- Other duties as requested.
Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition at a recognized University
- Dietetic Internship Program required.
- Current registration with the Nova Scotia College of Dietitians and Nutritionists
- Minimum 3 years working experience as a dietitian in LTC.
- Minimum 3 years direct experience leading/managing LTC food service team.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and other computer applications.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated participation in continuing education and upgrading of skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an enthusiastic elder-directed health care team.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.