Receptionist (2 Positions)
Job Posting#: 919355
Site: Toronto General Hospital
Department: Joint Department of Medical Imaging
Reports to: Supervisor
Salary: $18.97 - $23.71 hourly (To commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN compensation policy)
Shifts: Variable; days, weekends, evenings
Re- Posted Date: August 17, 2023
Closing Date: August 31, 2023
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of ground breaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
The receptionist performs a limited number of routine and repetitive activities and functions as following.
Performing reception functions, including: answering, screening and directing telephone calls
Scheduling appointments, tests and visits
Maintaining schedules for assigned personnel
Performing clerical support functions including: word-processing/typing routine correspondence
Sorting and distributing mail
Providing FAX services
Performing cross-functional responsibilities, as required
Performing other duties consistent with the job classification
- Completion of Grade XII or recognized equivalent; required
- Three (3) months related experience; required
- Previous on-the-job word-processing experience; required
- Experience in a Microsoft Office software environment; preferred
- Experience working in a health care environment an asset
- Excellent telephone, interpersonal and customer service skills; required
- Excellent verbal communication skills; required
- Good written communication skills; required
- Good organizational and time management skills; required
- Ability to work effectively under pressure; required
- Ability to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations; required
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures and standards; required
- Knowledge of medical terminology an asset
Why join UHN?
In addition to working alongside some of the most talented and inspiring healthcare professionals in the world, UHN offers a wide range of benefits, programs and perks. It is the comprehensiveness of these offerings that makes it a differentiating factor, allowing you to find value where it matters most to you, now and throughout your career at UHN.
Competitive offer packages
- Government organization and a member of the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP https://hoopp.com/)
Close access to Transit and UHN shuttle service
A flexible work environment
- Opportunities for development and promotions within a large organization
Additional perks (multiple corporate discounts including: travel, restaurants, parking, phone plans, auto insurance discounts, on-site gyms, etc.)
Current UHN employees must have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, to be eligible for consideration.
Vaccines (COVID and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their requirements known in advance. Any information received related to an accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.