Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 3000 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As a Manager, Cross Border Personal Tax your responsibilities will include:
Be Grant Thornton
- Managing and coordinating global tax compliance services for Canadian and multinational clients
- Working closely with Grant Thornton International member firms to deliver global tax solutions
- Supervising and reviewing work of junior team members
- Coaching junior Cross Border Personal Tax team members
- Develop and present internal tax training courses
- Proactively working with the team to develop tax advice and solutions to clients and prospective clients to expand our business
- Contributing to Grant Thornton's business development and branding strategies
- Being part of a leadership team who meets with and presents to current and prospective clients on Canadian and global tax matters
- Actively lead, participate in or contribute to the Southern Ontario professional services community
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Manager, Cross Border Personal Tax? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- Commitment to exceptional client service
- Strong management and leadership skills with the ability to be an active participant in the development of the Global Mobility Tax team
- Demonstrated desire for technical and professional development and to be an integral part of a high-performing team of professionals
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to listen effectively and understand clients' needs
- Appropriate relevant accounting designation
- 3-4 years' US Tax experience including at least 6 years in public practice. Canadian tax experience is required.
- Masters of Taxation (US), a US Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or an Enrolled Agent (EA) considered an asset
Our special culture shines through when we have the opportunity to connect in person. That’s why we’re working in a hybrid model, which to us means three days a week in the office, with the flexibility to work remotely two days a week. At Grant Thornton, it’s all about creating an amazing life fuelled by a rewarding career!
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?