The Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) believes in Our Communities, Our Environment and Our People. As a trusted partner to municipalities, First Nations communities, businesses, governments and institutions across Ontario, we provide our clients with total solutions in water and wastewater. We are dedicated to working closely with our clients to help them build healthy sustainable communities and organizations and provide safe and reliable drinking water to thousands of Ontarians each day.
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy
and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint
pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code
. Refer to the "How to apply" section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
In this role, you will use your skills to perform a range of coordination activities related to processing mapping, requirements gathering, planning, designing, developing and launching corporate and operational systems that support the agency's business.
Knowledge of design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products; demonstrated project management skills
Knowledge of computer technologies including operating systems, application software and networks; internet technology to identify and assess information technology options for agency, evaluate software/hardware and recommend cost efficient solutions
Knowledge of workflows and business process mapping
Knowledge of methods/techniques for systems analysis, design and development
Analytical, mathematical and problem solving skills to gather information on programs, services and business strategies to define systems and information technology requirements
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong customer service skills to explain systems development process to clients, interview users and gather information required to clarify needs and desired system changes and explain systems development recommendations.
- Good oral and writing skills to prepare and present business cases to make recommendations for the need of particular systems software, technology, write systems documentation, prepare user manuals and guidelines.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Ability to capture and translate business requirements into functional and non-functional system specifications for stakeholder review and approval.
Working with project manager to create and maintain project collateral include project change requests, action items and project status information.
Flexible learning and development opportunities.
Opportunities for career advancement and specialization with the largest provider of water and wastewater services in Ontario.
- Work with the partner of choice for more communities than any other water and wastewater service organization in Ontario for over 25 years.
Work with an organization committed to innovation and advanced technology.
A defined benefit pension plan; Comprehensive Health Plan; Life and Disability Insurance.
Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits including for adoptive parents.